Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Whojainjawja

TOM CREAN BUYOUT

It looks like CTC could land in Athens soon. He received a $4 million buyout when he left. Does anyone know if that was a lump sum, or to be paid over time? If it were over time, would IU be off the hook for the balance once he is hired? Thanks.

It looks like CTC could land in Athens soon. He received a $4 million buyout when he left. Does anyone know if that was a lump sum, or to be paid over time? If it were over time, would IU be off the hook for the balance once he is hired? Thanks.

Paid over time. If he were to get $2 mil per year from IU over the next 4 years his annual salary will come off that amount. If his annual salary is $2 mil per at his next job IU won't owe him anything. (No idea if those are the actual numbers, just an example)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

UGA offered Matta $15 million for 5 years so I would think CTC offer would be in the same neighborhood. If that is the case IU only had to pony up one year, unless his ESPN pay counted toward buyout deduction. 

UGA offered Matta $15 million for 5 years so I would think CTC offer would be in the same neighborhood. If that is the case IU only had to pony up one year, unless his ESPN pay counted toward buyout deduction. 

ESPN does count towards pay. So we paid him very little versus what his buyout is.

31 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

ESPN does count towards pay. So we paid him very little versus what his buyout is.

I hope he gets the job and we'll be able to look back fondly at how cheap ($$) it was to get rid of him.

26 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Preach. But McRobbie doesn’t care. The athletics department turned a profit last year. That is all he cares about.

Did anyone happen to catch the last "Earn Your Stripes" podcast with Dave Anderson? He talked a little about Glass and the athletic department. Now he is a good friend of Crean's, so his views may be a little skewed, but he didn't have anything good to say about Glass. He basically said people that worked under him described him as lazy,  two-faced, and said he didn't have their backs. I believe he described it as toxic a few times.

I guess I've never really understood a lot of the criticism of Glass, but it sounds like there's something there.

It was actually a pretty good episode. He talked a lot about the team that won the B1G and how they turned it around.

Did anyone happen to catch the last "Earn Your Stripes" podcast with Dave Anderson? He talked a little about Glass and the athletic department. Now he is a good friend of Crean's, so his views may be a little skewed, but he didn't have anything good to say about Glass. He basically said people that worked under him described him as lazy,  two-faced, and said he didn't have their backs. I believe he described it as toxic a few times.
I guess I've never really understood a lot of the criticism of Glass, but it sounds like there's something there.
It was actually a pretty good episode. He talked a lot about the team that won the B1G and how they turned it around.

Crean has mentioned on several forums that he wasn't on the same page as the AD and Glass. I'd like to know the specifics of this discord.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

37 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Crean has mentioned on several forums that he wasn't on the same page as the AD and Glass. I'd like to know the specifics of this discord.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He didn't go into a lot of detail, but did say he was just relaying what several employees had told him.

He was hired to give a leadership talk to the athletic dept. and also said Glass never bothered to show up. I'm just going off of memory, but I think it was about 15-20 minutes into the podcast. He also said he had a whole chapter in his book dedicated to Yogi - Fight Like Ferrell.

Aren’t the “AD and Glass” the same person? I’m confused.

I was using AD as Athletic Department vs Athletic Director. Sorry to confuse.

And definitely wasn’t using it as Alpha Dog.
Or was I............................