Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

Baseball vs W Illinois 4:05 3/14

This has nothing to do with today's game, but Minor League Baseball is implementing several changes designed to make the games move faster especially if they go into extra innings by having a runner start extra innings on second base.  

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/minor-league-baseball-announces-pace-of-play-regulations-for-2018/c-268683294?tcid=tw_article_268683294

Well this Western Illinois team is a whole different level of bad.

They got a leadoff double to open the game. However, after bunting the runner over, the guy at third decided to try to tag up on a ball barely behind third base on a pop-up and was thrown out by Gorski by over 30 feet. Dumbest send I've ever seen.

Bottom 1 we got 4 runs because Western can't stop walking people or do anything right. First a shallow popup to open inning was a tough play in shallow right but off glove of fielder. Next batter same thing in center to put runners at 2nd and 3rd. Than after a walk, Gorski missed a Grand Slam by a couple feet but got a sac fly. Than their pitcher walked more guys and hit another for 2 more runs and was replaced. A wild pitch from the new pitcher got us a 4th.

We didn't exactly kill the ball but were patient and let them dig their grave which is good. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This has nothing to do with today's game, but Minor League Baseball is implementing several changes designed to make the games move faster especially if they go into extra innings by having a runner start extra innings on second base.  

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/minor-league-baseball-announces-pace-of-play-regulations-for-2018/c-268683294?tcid=tw_article_268683294

Terrible rule.  So a single scores a run.  Why not start every inning that way?  Every odd # inning start w/a runner on 1st/3rd.  Every even inning start w/2 outs and every inning divisible by 3 have foulouts.  Absolutely terrible rule.

Edit...off my soapbox.  GO HOOSIERS!

Terrible rule.  So a single scores a run.  Why not start every inning that way?  Every odd # inning start w/a runner on 1st/3rd.  Every even inning start w/2 outs and every inning divisible by 3 have foulouts.  Absolutely terrible rule.

Edit...off my soapbox.  GO HOOSIERS!

But... the runner has to run to first before running back to second. Let's have some fun with it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

FINAL: Indiana 11, Western Illinois 1. Matt Gorski stretched his hitting streak to nine games, Luke Miller smacked a solo home run and backup catcher Wyatt Cross drove in three runs to lead the Hoosier effort.

Hoosiers scored 11 runs on 12 hits and committed no errors.  Really shaky pitching from Western Illinois was the key to this game as its pitching staff gave up a total of 10 walks and a HBP in addition to the 12 Hoosier hits.  

Really good to see Conor and Herrin throw some scoreless innings and Cross finally connect on some balls. He hit a foul ball in the first that he absolutely crushed. If he can be avg, it will be huge. 

I have a question that sorta has something to do with baseball. Why aren't there real IU baseball jerseys available anywhere -- or at least that I can find? I think we have cool unis -- I love the white script jerseys, the red script jerseys and the sleeveless gray jerseys with the IU on the chest. I'd love to have one. Yet any time I do a search for IU baseball jerseys, all I ever find are these dorky things ... 

thumb.jpg

22 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have a question that sorta has something to do with baseball. Why aren't there real IU baseball jerseys available anywhere -- or at least that I can find? I think we have cool unis -- I love the white script jerseys, the red script jerseys and the sleeveless gray jerseys with the IU on the chest. I'd love to have one. Yet any time I do a search for IU baseball jerseys, all I ever find are these dorky things ... 

thumb.jpg

One word: Adidas... 

Our apparel is awful

I stopped watching after the 3rd inning. We dumped a team that does not deserve to be playing college baseball in anyway but the good news is we got our offense going again so I am happy.

I am travelling until the 27th so will not be posting on here again until ISU game. Hope Hoosiers win big in my absence (will check scores on twitter but will not see a second of a game or post until then).