Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2018 NCAA Tournament Games

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

There’s more than one way to win. DD can be a key to winning in one system and unnecessary in another.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wouldn't disagree with that.. it's not a system I prefer.. but there have been multiple ppl say we have to have a low block presence and all that jazz, no we dont have to have one. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wouldn't disagree with that.. it's not a system I prefer.. but there have been multiple ppl say we have to have a low block presence and all that jazz, no we dont have to have one. 

We do he's just not the right one. Our offense worked much better with him for a reason. 

35 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We do he's just not the right one. Our offense worked much better with him for a reason. 

But it didn't? We were better without him. Offensively that is. 

43 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

Yes but our defense was a lot better after. His size is good on offense but he is too slow for archie's defense

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

No I know. But to say we don't need a player with his skill down low is just ridiculous. Just need one that fits the defensive scheme better

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

No I know. But to say we don't need a player with his skill down low is just ridiculous. Just need one that fits the defensive scheme better

If he isn't a dribble drive threat I'm not interested. 

We need versatility. Davis is a good option to have but shouldn't be the only option.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Am I the only one to see this or did our girl Sister Jean roll out early from that game? I’m pretty sure she skipped town with 2:30 or so left. 
She didn't leave. She greeted the players as they came off the floor in the tunnel

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

So why is Allen's smug,ugly mug still gracing our page?
Sounds like a job for an administrator.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed!  My vote for a replacement pic is for Hoosier Lyss.....

On 4/1/2018 at 11:29 AM, btownqb said:

If he isn't a dribble drive threat I'm not interested. 

Idk I generally agree with a lot of what you say, and tbh I am going backwards several days through this thread to catch up, so maybe missing a lot of context here replying to this comment as if it it is standing alone on an island, but do you not think that Davis is a very valuable piece on next year's roster even viewing him as somewhat a misfit in Archie's sytem?  I mean, he seems like a very nice piece to play pick n roll to me.  I think next year's roster is much better with Davis playing a significant role than it is without him.

Now I shall continue catching up going backwards through the thread.  I expect to feel real stupid soon learning how far out of context my reply is.  Whatevs.  If so, feel free to laugh/ignore/throw food at it, lobby for a return of the thumbs down button, scream at it, etc.

Idk I generally agree with a lot of what you say, and tbh I am going backwards several days through this thread to catch up, so maybe missing a lot of context here replying to this comment as if it it is standing alone on an island, but do you not think that Davis is a very valuable piece on next year's roster even viewing him as somewhat a misfit in Archie's sytem?  I mean, he seems like a very nice piece to play pick n roll to me.  I think next year's roster is much better with Davis playing a significant role than it is without him.
Now I shall continue catching up going backwards through the thread.  I expect to feel real stupid soon learning how far out of context my reply is.  Whatevs.  If so, feel free to laugh/ignore/throw food at it, etc.

No you're good. Wasn't a ton of context to it. If Davis had any sort of range on his jump shot at all I would be OK with him... he just sort of clogs the lane imo. Defensively I think it's obvious of his weaknesses. ISU and IPFW he basically couldn't play because of the way they played offensively.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No you're good. Wasn't a ton of context to it. If Davis had any sort of range on his jump shot at all I would be OK with him... he just sort of clogs the lane imo. Defensively I think it's obvious of his weaknesses. ISU and IPFW he basically couldn't play because of the way they played offensively.

I see, and at that time he was one of our most important guys.  I am very interested to see how Archie uses him in coordination with the guys we have left from last year's team with a full year in the system including Thompson, + all the freshmen additions and grad transfers.  Davis may not necessarily be a perfect fit, but it seems he has some terrific value.  Most likely he is coming off the bench to start the season due to the injury.  It just really seems like it will be nice to have a junior big built like a brick shlthouse on next year's young squad whether he comes in off the bench, or works his way back into the starting lineup.

I see, and at that time he was one of our most important guys.  I am very interested to see how Archie uses him in coordination with the guys we have left from last year's team with a full year in the system including Thompson, + all the freshmen additions and grad transfers.  Davis may not necessarily be a perfect fit, but it seems he has some terrific value.  Most likely he is coming off the bench to start the season due to the injury.  It just really seems like it will be nice to have a junior big built like a brick shlthouse on next year's young squad whether he comes in off the bench, or works his way back into the starting lineup.

If he was quicker I would certainly agree. Just a difference of opinion. Speed and quickness and skill are top priorities for me.