Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2018 NCAA Tournament Games

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Beilein is awesome. None of you were spewing that crap when we hired Sampson.. so don't go there. 

I agree with you...somewhat. Were our fans screaming for Beilein in '06?  The one's who understood what he had done to resuscitate a stone dead UWV while maintaining a perfectly clean program might well have been. Most didn't understand. But those involved in the hiring decision did.  And instead opted for a guy who was under sanctions. And they knew that when they hired him. Nobody was screaming for Sampson either. The Administration wasn't somehow tied to him. They could have hired anyone. Their job was to get it right. If they didn't have the foresight to hire Beilein, fine, but it didn't require foresight to not hire a Coach who was dirty. 

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

I agree with you...somewhat. Were our fans screaming for Beilein in '06?  The one's who understood what he had done to resuscitate a stone dead UWV while maintaining a perfectly clean program might well have been. Most didn't understand. But those involved in the hiring decision did.  And instead opted for a guy who was under sanctions. And they knew that when they hired him. Nobody was screaming for Sampson either. The Administration wasn't somehow tied to him. They could have hired anyone. Their job was to get it right. If they didn't have the foresight to hire Beilein, fine, but it didn't require foresight to not hire a Coach who was dirty. 

Literally no one in 06, 07, 08 were wanting Beilein. You can't go back 12 years later and want him. Just not how it works. 

Literally no one in 06, 07, 08 were wanting Beilein. You can't go back 12 years later and want him. Just not how it works. 

You can want him anytime you feel like it, it works.

And, there were likely as many people wanting beilein as there were people wanting Sampson or Crean. We made some dumb decisions

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Beilein's name came up pretty regularly on IU boards when Davis replacements were discussed.

That's fine his name came up lol you all sound ridiculous whining about that now. 

17 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

You can want him anytime you feel like it, it works.

And, there were likely as many people wanting beilein as there were people wanting Sampson or Crean. We made some dumb decisions

Yeah I want him too. He's excellent... always has been. Thank you for updating me on the rules on when you can want a coach lol

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Well obviously somebody wanted him since the job was almost his

First you don't know that the job was "almost his". You want to believe that, I'm sure he was in our top 5-7. Literally none of this matters. Nothing is a sure thing. 

Why in the heck did FSU not foul with 11 seconds left? UM missing all sorts of free throws and you don't foul??? 

This seemed very fishy considering the line was FSU +4.5 and Hamilton tells his players to back off only down 4 with 11 seconds left. That's an eternity. Virginia was down 4 to Louisville with 0.9 seconds left AND WON! Either Hamilton is absolutely clueless or he bet his entire contract on FSU +4.5. His post game interview when asked about it didn't help matters either...I gotta feeling more is gonna come from this interview. He acted like he got caught shaving points and got flustered.

That end of game was sketchy and the explanation even more shady.

"We didn't lose the game there" (or something to that effect.. you didn't try and win it there either. At the very least it's a bad look as a coach. I get it if you're down three possessions or you're down two and them needing only a FT to make it three. I'd still try and go for the win though.

Odd to say the least. Not great strategy either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On the Beilein topic, he’s obviously doing a great job at Michigan, but I think as we look at IU/Archie and have so many conversations about how long it should take him to get things rolling, Michigan had great patience with Beilein. 

Michigan knew they had their guy and they gave him time, and now it’s paid off.  His first 5 seasons at Michigan Beilein went  92-77, missing the tournament twice and never getting past the 2nd round. 

Im not saying it should take Archie 5 years, just saying if you think you have “your guy”at a program, patience and giving him time to develop the program/culture are huge.