Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2018 NCAA Tournament Games

Just now, iufaninillinois said:

I think they are capable of making a run anyhow. They still have a very good team and Haas isn't biggie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The biggest effect this has is that now opposing teams only really have to focus on defending the three, rather than attempting to defend both inside and outside, plus they lose bench depth down low big time. If they shoot how they have this season, I expect them to succeed, if they go cold, they'll be in trouble.

14 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Agreed. The down side being a state school not named IU will be in the sweet sixteen.

We just need to stop worrying about what the other programs are doing, and start taking care of our own business imo.

In the meantime, it is not wrong to watch a good team from Indiana, or anywhere for that matter, play a good game of basketball in the tourney.

That Davidson/KY game was torture yesterday. No strategy. Just dribble drive on both sides, contested 3s all game long. I wanted to watch Kentucky lose, and that is the only reason I kept flipping back to it, and more torturous basketball. Ugh.

It made me tired watching it.

11 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

We just need to stop worrying about what the other programs are doing, and start taking care of our own business imo.

In the meantime, it is not wrong to watch a good team from Indiana, or anywhere for that matter, play a good game of basketball in the tourney.

That Davidson/KY game was torture yesterday. No strategy. Just dribble drive on both sides, contested 3s all game long. I wanted to watch Kentucky lose, and that is the only reason I kept flipping back to it, and more torturous basketball. Ugh.

Can't argue with that either. When Purdue was on their streak, they were fun to watch as well. Absolutely hate what happened to Haas and hope he makes a complete recovery. I just want to see our Hoosiers be the top team in the state again. But, and rightfully so, we are going to have to earn it on the court.

Well said

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Officials are really dragging games out by constantly checking the clock to see how many tenths of a second need to be added or subtracted.

Just saw a Texas player shoot a corner three and fall into his team's bench without getting touched. The shot went in, and the whistle blew. Hate that crap.

The biggest effect this has is that now opposing teams only really have to focus on defending the three, rather than attempting to defend both inside and outside, plus they lose bench depth down low big time. If they shoot how they have this season, I expect them to succeed, if they go cold, they'll be in trouble.

Yes. When MSU beat PU, Izzo let Haas score, but his players stayed with PU’s three point shooters to minimize their production.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Obviously I've never liked Purdue, and up until about 15 years ago didn't even think about Butler. Now that they're playing in an important game against each other I'm kind of surprised but I'm rooting for Purdue. Just over the Butler way thing plus it just seems they get the best of both worlds. If they are average which they have been a few times in the last few years nobody cares because it's cute little Butler. If they have success it's the over the top you get from JMV.

I’ve enjoyed watching this Bucknell team stick with MSU in the first half. Getting away from them a bit now. I usually root for the B1G in general during the tournament, but can’t do it for MSU. I despise what they’ve totally gotten away with. I also despise Bridges. Am I the only one who thinks he’s WAY over hyped? So much talent and could be so much better than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners