Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2018 NCAA Tournament Games

Arizona didn't even want to be there it looked like to me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Miller said earlier this season he couldn’t get through to these kids. NBA dreams were rampant at Arizona. Playing for the mock draft page instead of W/Ls.

Many of Creans results failures seemed similar.

Delicate balance. That said, Arizona should have never lost this game.

Please let Buffalo beat UK.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Arizona is soft, and so is the Pac-12. Every year there's a team from that conference that's flashy as hell during the season, but when they run into a physical that hits them in the mouth, they wilt. It's a finesse league.

There is a lesson to be learned from Sean Miller.   Because Indiana now plays a very similar style; I hope Archie is watching.   He (Sean) plays "the pack line defense."   Arizona runs its offensive stuff.  That's it.   Sean never made any adjustments or changes.  Easy to prepare for and if the offense isn't flowing well; they're vulnerable.

I think the NCAA Tournament requires teams to do things they haven't done, no matter how subtle.  A zone press...even token.  A different pace (see : Indiana v UNLV 1987).   New offensive sets.   Tonight, Arizona looked very vanilla and very beatable.  Yes...they are soft.  No doubt.  But I watched them a few times this season, and saw generally the same team tonight.  Buffalo was far tougher and far more prepared.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

We just witnessed Sean Miller’s final game at Arizona

This AZ Hoosier is thrilled to see it. Can't stand the arrogance of the UofA fans... they're as annoying as pUKe... must be something about being a "wildcat".

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

This AZ Hoosier is thrilled to see it. Can't stand the arrogance of the UofA fans... they're as annoying as pUKe... must be something about being a "wildcat".

And Arizona never made it to a Final Four under Sean. There’s absolutely no excuse for that

I’ll have nightmares that UK will cheese it’s way into the final four like 2011 and 2014. If they get past Virginia I don’t see them losing to the lower half of the region. That being said Buffalo looked really good. I hope they can knock them off.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ll have nightmares that UK will cheese it’s way into the final four like 2011 and 2014. If they get past Virginia I don’t see them losing to the lower half of the region. That being said Buffalo looked really good. I hope they can knock them off.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Buffalo had one of those nights that momentum rolled upon itself. They won’t play that well again. However UK, much like Arizona this season is vulnerable. They lack shooters and a semi hot shooting teams knocks them off easy.

Buffalo had one of those nights that momentum rolled upon itself. They won’t play that well again. However UK, much like Arizona this season is vulnerable. They lack shooters and a semi hot shooting teams knocks them off easy.

Remember following Rawle Alkins recruitment and he sent out a tweet where he said he committed to Buffalo. Lol.
Here was Evan Daniels in 2015

Checked up on Rawle Alkins' tweet. He hasn't committed to Buffalo, a source says. "He's messing with everyone."

Remember following Rawle Alkins recruitment and he sent out a tweet where he said he committed to Buffalo. Lol.
Here was Evan Daniels in 2015

Checked up on Rawle Alkins' tweet. He hasn't committed to Buffalo, a source says. "He's messing with everyone."

That’s awesome. Had forgotten about that. Thanks for remembering and sharing.

The whole thing was a major red flag to me when it happened.

There is a lesson to be learned from Sean Miller.   Because Indiana now plays a very similar style; I hope Archie is watching.   He (Sean) plays "the pack line defense."   Arizona runs its offensive stuff.  That's it.   Sean never made any adjustments or changes.  Easy to prepare for and if the offense isn't flowing well; they're vulnerable.
I think the NCAA Tournament requires teams to do things they haven't done, no matter how subtle.  A zone press...even token.  A different pace (see : Indiana v UNLV 1987).   New offensive sets.   Tonight, Arizona looked very vanilla and very beatable.  Yes...they are soft.  No doubt.  But I watched them a few times this season, and saw generally the same team tonight.  Buffalo was far tougher and far more prepared.

Agreed. Sean seems to bow out of the tourney early every year because...well...he's not a good coach. I almost picked Buffalo because of it, but I begrudgingly picked Zona to be 1 and done instead.