Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
LIHoosier

#IUWBB - 2018 WNIT CHAMPS!

4 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Are we hosting the next game, or does it depend on the opponent? I'd love to play the whole thing at home.

Jon Blau‏ @Jon_Blau 

A close one between South Dakota-TCU.  My guess is one of these schools put in a decent offer on a bid for the semifinal home game, and that's why we have yet to hear if IU is playing at home or not. Stay tuned.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Blau‏ @Jon_Blau 

A close one between South Dakota-TCU.  My guess is one of these schools put in a decent offer on a bid for the semifinal home game, and that's why we have yet to hear if IU is playing at home or not. Stay tuned.

I did some research on South Dakota. They're 29-6 overall, 17-1 at home. They won the WNIT two years ago, and brought in 7,415 fans for the final game. They've hosted each of their four games so far. My guess is we're headed to the Great Plains if they win this evening.

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I did some research on South Dakota. They're 29-6 overall, 17-1 at home. They won the WNIT two years ago, and brought in 7,415 fans for the final game. They've hosted each of their four games so far. My guess is we're headed to the Great Plains if they win this evening.

Last I saw was with 2:49 left they were down by 2 to TCU.

It's not real time scoring so I presume the game is now over.  With 29 sec. left, TCU up by 5.  Based on your research, a TCU win might bode well for IU.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
score update

IMG_0682.thumb.jpg.b5c43fbf1702ae5a4d03dec197dc6f72.jpg

A few of our young guys were out cheering for the girls yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

A couple of supposed transfer candidates supporting the University.

I like it. And I suppose no news is good news.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I know many of us are disappointed this team couldn't make the NCAA's, but I think this WNIT run has provided a good chance to cultivate local interest in the program, much more so than one or two games in the NCAA tournament would have. Obviously the goal should still be the bigger tourney, but getting these crowds to show up for the games hasn't hurt.

That, and winning this title would be a big boost to show progress. UConn is going to win the NCAA tournament every year anyway.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Awesome! Enjoy! I’m Jelly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks! I've never been to any post-season NCAA games at all, my daughter is really excited, and Jiffy Treet is open until 10 tomorrow, so it's gonna be a great day, lol!

We host TCU tonight @ 7 in the Final 4. Buss and Cahill 1 win away from the winningest senior class. Go Hoosiers!

ABOUT THE HORNED FROGS
TCU won a road battle at South Dakota, 79-71, on Sunday to advance to the semifinal round for the first time in school history. They are led by junior forward Amy Okonkwo (14.5 ppg., 5.8 rpg.) and junior center Jordan Moore (12.2 ppg., 6.9 rpg.). Sophomore guard Amber Ramirez also adds double figures (10.5 ppg., 2.9 apg.) The Horned Frogs are averaging 75.2 points per game and shoot 45.5 percent from the floor. Their WNIT wins also include Missouri State at home (86-51) and at New Mexico (81-72).

Preview

Live Stats

Radio