Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
LIHoosier

#IUWBB - 2018 WNIT CHAMPS!

Marchese (sp?) has progressed really well. I was honestly worried that she’d be a bust halfway through the season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, TheWatShot said:

I can honestly say I never thought I would see our women's basketball program beat Purdue 3 times in one season.

I was worried about the third win as well and certainly never expected we'd kick their PUkey butts back to Pigtown as we have.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I was worried about the third win as well and certainly never expected we'd kick their PUkey butts back to Pigtown as we have.

It very easily could have been three double digit wins. We had an awful first quarter at their place but dominated them after that.

44 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Even in the WNIT, there's nothing like beating Purdue -- and Sharon Versyp! 

Hammer and Rails now refers to her as "Second Round Sharon" since they never reach the second weekend of the tournament anymore. I hope this wasn't her last game.

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Hammer and Rails now refers to her as "Second Round Sharon" since they never reach the second weekend of the tournament anymore. I hope this wasn't her last game.

They'll fire her and probably try to hire Moren. Is that $10 million buyout still in effect???

They'll fire her and probably try to hire Moren. Is that $10 million buyout still in effect???

They aren't going to hire moren. If they want mediocrity, they can just keep Sharon. They are literally the same coach. Hit and miss recruiting, lack of relationship with most players and always doing just enough to look like they are doing their job.

Edit** im happy for the seniors getting to extend their careers a little but all these WNIT runs do is pad CTMs record and delay the upward trend I expect this program to make. Which is why I can't get that excited about 2 deep WNIT runs when we should have easily made the tourney with our talent the last 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

16 hours ago, Iugradman said:

They can have her. We can do a lot better.

This is literally the best three year stretch in the history of the program. On the court and off. She’s won our second NCAA tournament game ever, gotten us to the postseason three years in a row for the first time ever, and landed our first two five-star recruits.

I know you continue to say this, but it’s just so out of left field and bizarre. Our women’s program has literally never seen this much success.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

They aren't going to hire moren. If they want mediocrity, they can just keep Sharon. They are literally the same coach. Hit and miss recruiting, lack of relationship with most players and always doing just enough to look like they are doing their job.

Edit** im happy for the seniors getting to extend their careers a little but all these WNIT runs do is pad CTMs record and delay the upward trend I expect this program to make. Which is why I can't get that excited about 2 deep WNIT runs when we should have easily made the tourney with our talent the last 2 years.

Uh, what?

Here is the complete history of IU Women’s Basketball in the NCAA Tournament:

Year Round Opponent Result
1983 First Round
Second Round
Kentucky
Georgia
W 87–76
L 86–70
1994 First Round Ole Miss L 83–61
1995 First Round Georgia L 81–64
2002 First Round TCU L 55–45
2016 First Round
Second Round
Georgia
Notre Dame
W 62–58
L 87–70

I’ll repeat what I said above:

This is literally the best three year stretch in the history of the program. On the court and off. She’s won our second NCAA tournament game ever, gotten us to the postseason three years in a row for the first time ever, and landed our first two five-star recruits.

Getting all uppity about how “we should’ve done this” is pointless. TM has the program winning more/recruiting better than they ever have. Mediocrity is a HUGE step forward for what has been a horrible program for decades. I have no idea what you’re talking about with hit and miss recruiting either; we never landed five stars before TM. Despite facing the program’s horrific reputation, she’s done remarkably well. Let her do her job and keep the program growing.

I feel like some people look at every IU program through the lens of the men’s basketball team, and that’s just ridiculous. It’s like the people whining about Lemonis in baseball, even though he’s responsible for 1/3 of our all-time NCAA tournament appearances and has us ranked #11 in the country. There were fans saying that he “refuses to emphasize defense” last year, despite putting up the 3 best defensive seasons (fielding percentage) in the program’s history in his first 3 years. Some of the “issues” people point out are simply not real.

Uh, what?
Here is the complete history of IU Women’s Basketball in the NCAA Tournament:
Year Round Opponent Result
1983 First Round
Second Round
Kentucky
Georgia
W 87–76
L 86–70
1994 First Round Ole Miss L 83–61
1995 First Round Georgia L 81–64
2002 First Round TCU L 55–45
2016 First Round
Second Round
Georgia
Notre Dame
W 62–58
L 87–70
I’ll repeat what I said above:
Getting all uppity about how “we should’ve done this” is pointless. TM has the program winning more/recruiting better than they ever have. Mediocrity is a HUGE step forward for what has been a horrible program for decades. I have no idea what you’re talking about with hit and miss recruiting either; we never landed five stars before TM. Despite facing the program’s horrific reputation, she’s done remarkably well. Let her do her job and keep the program growing.
I feel like some people look at every IU program through the lens of the men’s basketball team, and that’s just ridiculous. It’s like the people whining about Lemonis in baseball, even though he’s responsible for 1/3 of our all-time NCAA tournament appearances and has us ranked #11 in the country. There were fans saying that he “refuses to emphasize defense” last year, despite putting up the 3 best defensive seasons (fielding percentage) in the program’s history in his first 3 years. Some of the “issues” people point out are simply not real.

Uh,
Having standards is not a bad thing. This program was trending upward before Teri ever left her ISU team sitting at the airport to come take this job. She has gotten our first "5 star" but you do realize these rankings being as widespread as they are is pretty new as well. You don't think tyra would be a 5 star if she were re-ranked today?

And if you don't think we should have done well enough to make the tourney the last 2 years then your expectations are simply too low.. imo this program has become stagnant and is no longer trending upward..some nights their athleticism saves them and other nights they look like a mess..not unlike the uber talented under performing FCTC teams. I guess you will finally agree with me after her 9th year.