Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
LIHoosier

#IUWBB - 2018 WNIT CHAMPS!

Let's do this girls!

Preview

Live Stats

Radio

HOOSIERS IN THE WNIT
Indiana is making its fourth appearance in the postseason in the last five seasons and third-straight postseason bid since joining the NCAA in 1981-82. The Hoosiers received the automatic bid into the WNIT for the Big Ten.  IU makes its ninth appearance overall in the WNIT, holding a 12-8 overall record (9-3 at home) as it advanced to the quarterfinals in 2016-17. Indiana has made 15 appearances in a postseason with WNIT appearances (1998, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2017, 2018) and five NCAA Tournament berths (1983, 1994, 1995, 2002, 2016) and one NWIT appearance (1991). Prior to the NCAA, IU made an AIAW Final Four appearance in 1973 and two AIAW Elite Eight appearances in 1972 and 1974.

ABOUT THE SKYHAWKS 
The Skyhawks earned the Ohio Valley Conference automatic bid after finishing second to Belmont and also an overtime loss to the Bruins in the league tournament championship game. They are led by one of the nation's top 3-point shooters in Kendall Spray who leads with 16.6 points per game while shooting 42.2 percent from beyond the arc. Freshman forward Chelsey Perry (11.4 ppg., 5.8 rpg.) and junior guard Emanye Robertson (11.2 ppg.) also add double figures for UTM, who won nine of 10 games to close out the regular season.

SERIES HISTORY
Indiana leads 4-0

I am pleasantly surprised at how well Penn and Yeaney have held up in their freshmen seasons.  Buss leads the team with 1,247 minutes, Cahill 1,188, Penn 1,067 & Yeaney 1,054.  I haven't looked at game by game stats, but my mind tells me that neither one has hit the infamous 'freshman wall' which bodes well for next year.  We asked an awful lot from them and overall I don't think we could say we are terribly disappointed.

FWIW, Royster is next at 891 minutes and then our woefully weak bench:  Marchese 347, Warthen 344 and Wickware 201.  

Hoosiers win 74-50! Career night for Penn. We play the winner of Milwaukee/Northern Iowa next. Milwaukee up 12 @ half.

Penn - 25/6/3

Cahill - 14/9/3, 2 blks

Buss - 14/3/3, 3 stls

Royster - 10/2

Yeaney - 7/5/4, 1 blk, 1 stl

Warthen - 2

Marchese - 3 rbs, 3 blks

Round 2 @ 2 pm. Go Hoosiers! 

Radio

Live Stats

ABOUT THE PANTHERS
Milwaukee had the hot hand on Thursday night as it shot 69 percent from the floor and 55 percent from 3-point range in an 81-67 win over UNI. They finished the season fourth overall in the Horizon League and are led by all-conference selections senior guard Jenny Linder (14.5 ppg., 8.1 rpg.) and senior forward Steph Kostowicz (13.8 ppg., 7.6 rpg., 3.4 apg.). As a team, the Panthers are averaging 65.8 points per game while shooting 43.7 percent from the floor.

SERIES HISTORY
Indiana leads 2-0