Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series vs Pacific

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

I don't just complain. I call it like it is. Look at all the nice things I have said in many posts in as well. I merely point out issues this team has. It doesn't make me any less of a fan because of it. I watch almost every game and will call it like I see it. I see a team for several years now that has issues focusing when it plays lower level competition.  

We're 13 games into this season. None of the other seasons matter to me. Win tomorrow, go from there. Miller has been a problem outside of his 5 HRs. I still don't know who's going to apologize to you. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Sorry Walker you are right. My bad. Still bad situation to get picked off.

Horrible situation. Quite honestly there isn't a worse situation. 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We're 13 games into this season. None of the other seasons matter to me. Win tomorrow, go from there. Miller has been a problem outside of his 5 HRs. I still don't know who's going to apologize to you. 

Sorry "apology" was to strong a word and my bad. I do however, see a 3 year long problem under Lemonis that appears to have continued into this year that is frustrating and should be pointed out. Its also more frustrating this year because this is probably the strongest of the 4 teams and so far the same thing is happening.   

I want it clear. I do think Lemonis is a good coach in a lot of ways. I think his recruiting is top notch and his game management is fine. There does seem to be an issue though with player development at times (Miller is an example of that but there are others including Sowers who should already be a pro given his talent) and focus against bad teams has been an Achilles heal. After 3+ years I think I can safely settle on this and point out this is how the Lemonis Era will be. We will get top talent be a regular tourney participant and win 30-40 games a year which given our history is perfectly acceptable.

I am rooting for this team like hell and absolutely think we will be fine but performances like these will keep our win total in the high 30's and playing in someone else's Regional which is what I fully expect. I am totally fine with that but when everyone was talking 40-45 wins and hosting a regional last week I had the nagging thought in my mind that we had not played lower level competition and that has always been a problem and we need to hold our horses. I hope this changes but given the last 3+ years I expect a few more losses like this and a 2-3 seed.       

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I also don't want people coming on here stating how "Fred Glass" has downgraded the program either with the hire which I have seen to much of. People who don't follow Baseball need to stay out of this. The Program is still in a good spot and was never going to maintain at Smith's level but there are some issues that need to be addressed.   

I think people can come here and write whatever they're thinking, as long as it doesn't get too nasty or too personal, IMO. That's that's kind of the whole point of this site. 

Disappointing to waste such a great effort from Stiever. This lineup is too good to only get 1 run. Sounds like there were some baserunning issues which better get cleaned up. This is a veteran squad so mistakes like that should be at a minimum. Hopefully, we can grab the next two from these guys!

Let's try this again. Game 2 @ 2:05. Miller bumped down to 6th.

Live Stats // Radio

Logan Kaletha    cf
Matt Lloyd    1b
Logan Sowers    rf
Ryan Fineman    c
Matt Gorski    lf
Luke Miller    3b
Drew Ashley    dh
Colby Stratten    2b
Jeremy Houston    ss
Pauly Milto    p

We're making better contact today and are being more patient but still 0-0 after 2 as we are unable to cash anything in. Unlike yesterday's pitcher for Pacific who is actually pretty good this guy is awful and has a 6 something ERA so I hope we get to him soon. 

Again no runs despite Lloyd, Sowers and Fineman being the batters. Lloyd popped out working the count. Sowers who is really in a slump struck out and was not patient at all. Than Fineman grounded out to pitcher. Unlike yesterday we are getting opportunities but are not cashing in. Its up to Lemonis and team to break out of this hitting slump. No excuses against a terrible pitcher. 

15 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Is the weather a bit colder than what we were used to the first few weeks? I was surprised to see we have so many home games the early part of this month.

It shouldn't be. With the turf we usually play a lot of March home games and usually don't struggle like this. I think it more mental right now.

We are on the board finally! Lead off double by Kaletha that was misplayed by LF. Than moved to third on a ground out. Sowers than gets Kaletha in on a sac fly that was very shallow to right and a little risky but Kaletha slid around the tag barely. 1-0 after 5.

Announcer jinx. Announcer points out at end of 5th he doesn't believe it jinxes player to say he has no hitter. Milto promptly gives up his 1st hit in 6th but works out of it and its 1-0 for 5.5. 

Pacific ties it almost same way we scored in 7th. Double down left field line to lead off. Than 2 ground outs to first base side get run over than in. 1-1 at stretch.