Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE vs Cincinnati - 3/6 @ 3 pm

Home opener moved up a day. 

@lemo22: Good news baseball is coming a day earlier to Bloomington. Our game with Cincy will be Tuesday at 3:00 because of bad weather on Wednesday. Our video board will not be working yet but should be ready for the weekend. See you at the Bart!

Games like this are why we need to hold our horses. We've had a bad trend in the Lemo era of beating the best of the best than turnaround and lose to average teams (not bottom of the barrel teams as we've done fine with those). In both 15 and 17 when we made tourney we beat best teams on our schedule but than lost a few games we shouldn't (part of this is baseball where things like this happen). There is no doubt we will make tourney this year and beat a lot of the best teams on our schedule. There is also little doubt we will win our next few games against teams who really scrape the bottom of the barrel. It is the middling Cincinnati's, Butler's etc. who will not make tourney but have the weapons to beat us that will determine if we are again a 35 win 2 seed or a 45 win 1 seed.

Hopefully this is just a really bad day but it is worth watching all year how we do against middling teams and we still need to get our starting pitching sorted out. 

18 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Games like this are why we need to hold our horses. We've had a bad trend in the Lemo era of beating the best of the best than turnaround and lose to average teams (not bottom of the barrel teams as we've done fine with those). In both 15 and 17 when we made tourney we beat best teams on our schedule but than lost a few games we shouldn't (part of this is baseball where things like this happen). There is no doubt we will make tourney this year and beat a lot of the best teams on our schedule. There is also little doubt we will win our next few games against teams who really scrape the bottom of the barrel. It is the middling Cincinnati's, Butler's etc. who will not make tourney but have the weapons to beat us that will determine if we are again a 35 win 2 seed or a 45 win 1 seed.

Hopefully this is just a really bad day but it is worth watching all year how we do against middling teams and we still need to get our starting pitching sorted out. 

Are you going to take into account of losing 3 hours from our west coast trip at all? That absolutely matters. This won't be a trend at all. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Are you going to take into account of losing 3 hours from our west coast trip at all? That absolutely matters. This won't be a trend at all. 

That's why I had a bad feeling after this game was moved up a day. I've seen this all the time in MLB: team plays on the West Coast, returns home and stinks up the joint the first game back.

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I absolutely took that into account and that's why I said hope it was just a bad day. I hope and think this team is different. Just pointing out what was a problematic trend I hope doesn't occur.