Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

NIT Bubble Watch

3 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I'd prefer this season to be over with tbh. I have little faith that this team can beat a higher ranked team away from the Hall, and I know that I would force myself to watch it regardless and just add to the frustration of that Rutgers loss.

Yeah... I’m mentally finished with this season. Time to close the book on year one of the Archie Era. 

Middle Tennessee's in a bit of trouble in the C-USA -- if anybody's still charting such things. That's been a one-bid league recently and most likely will be again. There's plenty of time left, but if they lose, they would take another NIT slot away. 

If they lose this they would still have a chance at an at-large bid. I would have to look closer at their team sheet but they would definitely be in the discussion for an at large

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If they lose this they would still have a chance at an at-large bid. I would have to look closer at their team sheet but they would definitely be in the discussion for an at large

https://watchstadium.com/live/c-usa-mens-quarterfinal-game-5/

35 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I doubt they get an at-large bid. That was a bad team they just lost to.

I doubt they get an at-large bid. That was a bad team they just lost to.
most teams on the bubble will have lost to bad teams but they lost to Marshall in the last game of the season. If they would of won that one I believe they could of lost this one and still be in. I will have some scrubbing to do tonight after all the games are done to see where they stack up in the S-curve

UPDATE: #1 New Mexico State 97, Chicago State 70. Not much to see here. New Mexico State moves on to the WAC semifinals.

However...

Southern Miss 71, #1 Middle Tennessee 68, OT. Someone must have told Southern Miss they were playing IU's pack-line defense, as they hit 13 of 25 from three and pulled the upset. As NYC buckets has mentioned, this is an interesting case. Old Dominion is the #2 seed in C-USA. They were projected as an NIT at-large. Lunardi still has MTSU in the NCAA as an at-large, but we'll see what happens there. If MTSU is left out, they are now a lock for the NIT. But fear not! If Old Dominion wins the C-USA tourney, they go to the NCAA tournament, and MTSU likely just trades places with them. So, a new and interesting wrinkle in our unprecedented early-March journey: we are now rooting for a TWO seed, instead of a one! NIT madness, baby!

UPDATE: #1 New Mexico State 97, Chicago State 70. Not much to see here. New Mexico State moves on to the WAC semifinals.
However...
Southern Miss 71, #1 Middle Tennessee 68, OT. Someone must have told Southern Miss they were playing IU's pack-line defense, as they hit 13 of 25 from three and pulled the upset. As NYC buckets has mentioned, this is an interesting case. Old Dominion is the #2 seed in C-USA. They were projected as an NIT at-large. Lunardi still has MTSU in the NCAA as an at-large, but we'll see what happens there. If MTSU is left out, they are now a lock for the NIT. But fear not! If Old Dominion wins the C-USA tourney, they go to the NCAA tournament, and MTSU likely just trades places with them. So, a new and interesting wrinkle in our unprecedented early-March journey: we are now rooting for a TWO seed, instead of a one! NIT madness, baby!

Western Kentucky can win it as well because they would make the NIT if they don’t win their tournament

Templon said earlier this week he was checking to see if the SWAC still got an auto-bid with Grambling State being ineligible and Arkansas Pine-Bluff getting moved up to their spot. I wish he would follow up on this. It's been keeping me up the last few nights wondering if I need to worry about Pine-Bluff overcoming their inferior Kenpom ranking and knocking off the lower seed in the final of that tourney, assuming they win tomorrow, of course. The SWAC is full of bumps in the road. There are no easy games in that league.