Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Is the crowd just deader today or is it where they place the microphones? I was watching highlights of when we had heard Jeffries and Haston and the crowds are going insane. That was a good team but not great. It seems the crowd is much less into it now at least on tv.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Is the crowd just deader today or is it where they place the microphones? I was watching highlights of when we had heard Jeffries and Haston and the crowds are going insane. That was a good team but not great. It seems the crowd is much less into it now at least on tv.

Depends on the game and I was at everyone. Certainly there were times the crowd was not as loud but for PU, MSU, Duke, OSU and Maryland the crowds were very loud and into the game. I don't think the crowds are as consistently loud since we have struggled so much lately but a high level game or a close game late is as electric as it's always been. 

Depends on the game and I was at everyone. Certainly there were times the crowd was not as loud but for PU, MSU, Duke, OSU and Maryland the crowds were very loud and into the game. I don't think the crowds are as consistently loud since we have struggled so much lately but a high level game or a close game late is as electric as it's always been. 
I feel like the mics are in a different spot now cause it used to sound louder for big games.

Yeah the crowds aren’t as consistently loud as we have struggled. But during key spots in big games it’s still as loud as ever. Same level of noise today as back in ‘95 if we play a Northwestern. It goes through lulls. Iowa this year in December was pretty loud when we went on our run at the end of the first half to break the game open. Then when we had to do it again. Part of it is our student section. I know some don’t want to hear it, but when that’s half of our crowd they make a huge difference either way. They will improve soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

16 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I've posted similar thoughts before, and I agree the tv version doesn't seem to do it justice. Mic placement or general sound adjustments made to the volume by the tv stations could be a reason for this.