Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Cheaney Interview

18 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

If that's true then that's actually a good thing for UE basketball, especially if they want to be conference contenders year after year.  This job can be a really good job to land and if the school is willing to go "all in" then it makes sense to ask for a bigger pot.  I mean it wasn't too long ago that Butler was playing in the Horizon League and considered a rival. 

I can promise that it's 100% true. 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can promise that it's 100% true. 

Good to know.  Should be interesting to see this play out.  Honestly, I hope he comes back.  But regardless of what happens, I think UE did the right thing of letting Coach Simmons go.  I didn't like how it happened but I think it was probably time for a change.  

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

Good to know.  Should be interesting to see this play out.  Honestly, I hope he comes back.  But regardless of what happens, I think UE did the right thing of letting Coach Simmons go.  I didn't like how it happened but I think it was probably time for a change.  

If it all works out I think you will like who he brings in as assistants too. 

18 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I would love to see Calbert succeed at UE. There is no reason they cannot compete. Look at Northern Iowa in the same conference. They were nothing a 15 years ago. Loyola made its first sweet 16 in 30 years. 

Walter McCarty is up today with David Ragland next and Travis Steele getting the last one. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Walter McCarty is up today with David Ragland next and Travis Steele getting the last one. 

Is Steele going to wait and see what Chris Mack does first? Or, should Steele's activity be a hint that Mack is staying at X?

Just now, BH33 said:

Is Steele going to wait and see what Chris Mack does first? Or, should Steele's activity be a hint that Mack is staying at X?

Great question. I would think Steele would have a chance at the Xavier job if Mack leaves. I think most believe he is the favorite for the job now but not sure he will take it if offered. 

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Great question. I would think Steele would have a chance at the Xavier job if Mack leaves. I think most believe he is the favorite for the job now but not sure he will take it if offered. 

Not confirmed that I know of but he has been doing the coverage of the interview process ....

3 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Not confirmed that I know of but he has been doing the coverage of the interview process ....

Goes back to my post above... Does Travis Steele know something about Chris Mack's future? I think the carousel should get going this week

57 minutes ago, BH33 said:

Goes back to my post above... Does Travis Steele know something about Chris Mack's future? I think the carousel should get going this week

Yes he does. I think Mack to Louisville is a done deal unless he decides he doesn't want it. I think they were going to wait till after the final four but since Xavier got upset it has moved things up. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Got a text at lunch saying this was going to happen. I don't think Calbert really wanted it but I think some of the people around him wanted him to take it. 

I wondered how interested Calbert might be. From some of the things I've read, it didn't sound like he was all that interested -- he was just interviewing because others wanted him to do. And if you have someone who's not that interested vs. someone who's extremely interested, I would think that would become evident during the interview and the choice would be relatively easy.

One of the things I read said he wanted to stay in St. Louis until his kids finished school. ... Also, Calbert might not be the kind of guy who feels comfortable being in charge of the program. Maybe he's fine with being an assistant. If he ever does decide to return to the bench and is OK with being an assistant, I hope Archie can find a spot for him in B-town.