Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Season Thoughts Thread

4 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

I wish CuJo would have finished the season at least.

He really wasn't contributing and by waiting, he would have had to sit out that much longer when he transferred.  This way, he can be back in December/January next year if I am remembering timing correctly.  

Teams can continue to practice until Final Four, correct? Even though we have very little chance of playing another game, I'm guessing Archie and the boys are still practicing? If so, I wonder if they're keeping a "normal" schedule, or since we don't have much of a shot at an NIT bid, has he scaled back a bit? Just curious ... 

Teams can continue to practice until Final Four, correct? Even though we have very little chance of playing another game, I'm guessing Archie and the boys are still practicing? If so, I wonder if they're keeping a "normal" schedule, or since we don't have much of a shot at an NIT bid, has he scaled back a bit? Just curious ... 

“Hey Justin and Race. You get to have wind sprints off if you visit Romeo.”

Sounds logical

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Why do I feel like, auto bids or not.. that they will want the viewership that IU brings, in the NIT lol

Not because we should be in it, but because $$$. And that was the staple of a successful first season with a 3/4 roster for me, that we squeak into the NIT.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Why do I feel like, auto bids or not.. that they will want the viewership that IU brings, in the NIT lol

Not because we should be in it, but because $$$. And that was the staple of a successful first season with a 3/4 roster for me, that we squeak into the NIT.

Wouldn't be shocked for them to try as much as they can.

That may have been the case had it not been what we pulled last year. I feel if all things were equal they would probably leave us out due to last year.

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That may have been the case had it not been what we pulled last year. I feel if all things were equal they would probably leave us out due to last year.

If we had a young roster that needed post-season experience, I would definitely be hoping we got a bid. As it stands, I'd rather just get on to next season than see them get in and lay another egg. It's unusual for me to feel that way about IU, but I think we've seen enough of this story to know how it ends.

I've been watching IU since they only had 2 banners ('80-'81 season is the first I remember). I have to say, this has been the most unusual season that I can remember. I'm struggling to think of any other with the Jekyll Hyde personality, lack of senior leadership, blowout home losses, and just plain never really knowing what you were going to get from a team. Every time you thought they had turned a corner, the wheels seemed to fall off again.

6 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I've been watching IU since they only had 2 banners ('80-'81 season is the first I remember). I have to say, this has been the most unusual season that I can remember. I'm struggling to think of any other with the Jekyll Hyde personality, lack of senior leadership, blowout home losses, and just plain never really knowing what you were going to get from a team. Every time you thought they had turned a corner, the wheels seemed to fall off again.

Last year wasn't Jeckyll and Hyde? Beating two one-seeds and being ranked as high as #3 in the country to missing the NCAAT. 

45 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Last year wasn't Jeckyll and Hyde? Beating two one-seeds and being ranked as high as #3 in the country to missing the NCAAT. 

I suppose you could say that, but it never really went back and forth from game to game like this year. Last year we fell off a cliff and never climbed out.

8 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I suppose you could say that, but it never really went back and forth from game to game like this year. Last year we fell off a cliff and never climbed out.

The only reason this year went back and forth was that our schedule went in waves of facing good teams to facing the bottom of the conference. 

This year we never once beat a top big ten team. We usually have at least one good win. We had none

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not to nit pick but we should have had 3 championships by then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

With all the cheating in cbb and IU having another crappy season my level of "dont really care anymore" is getting up there. Had to read BTB to find out who won the BTT and catch up on the March Madness drawings. We really need next year to be positive.

Since 2000, IU BB has been relevant in only about 3 seasons. It has to do with having a competent AD and good coaches.