Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 4 game series @ San Diego

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

What are odds of hosting another super regional you think?

Very low. I think best case scenario we are a border line 1 seed who would host a regional even if we win at a high level rest of year given schedule. To have any chance for a top 8 seed we would probably need to beat UK, UL, ND and have 45-50 wins which I would not count on. I think 40-45 wins and a top 16 seed to host regionals is about our ceiling if we keep this up which would be awesome. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Matt Lloyd with the oppo bomb! 

Not opposite field. Lloyd's a lefty and crushed it over the right field wall onto the roof of an apartment building. Lloyd throws R but bats L. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Not opposite field. Lloyd's a lefty and crushed it over the right field wall onto the roof of an apartment building. Lloyd throws R but bats L. 

The home run I just saw went over the left-center field fence. 

12 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Very low. I think best case scenario we are a border line 1 seed who would host a regional even if we win at a high level rest of year given schedule. To have any chance for a top 8 seed we would probably need to beat UK, UL, ND and have 45-50 wins which I would not count on. I think 40-45 wins and a top 16 seed to host regionals is about our ceiling if we keep this up which would be awesome. 

Are we playing a considerably easier schedule than 2014?  We were #4 with 42 wins?

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Are we playing a considerably easier schedule than 2014?  We were #4 with 42 wins?

I think so. We got a game from no. 12 Texas Tech, no. 26 Washington, no. 21 UK, no. 30 Long Beach St., no. 35 Indiana St., 2 from no. 56 Illinois and 3 from no. 18 Louisville. We were also 42-13 that year and ran over a weak Big Ten at 21-3 where only Illinois and Nebraska were even in top 60.

Big Ten is much much stronger now and will have multiple top 100 teams so no chance we go 21-3 and 15-9 or 16-8 will win conference. Iowa and PU have RPI's of 55 and 9 respectively but I don't believe that holds. The only quality RPI wins we will have a chance at where I think teams will hold high all year is no. 52 Minnesota, no. 45 Maryland, no. 29 Notre Dame. Also UK and UL ranked 40th and 99 respectively but fully expect them in top 20 by time we play them. Both have gaudy records against week competition but once they hit conference play and start beating quality teams those will shoot up. Also don't expect Butler, Illinois or Indiana St to hold at the gaudy spots they have but would be great if they did and we beat them. 

10 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

Where are we ranked now?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It's early but our RPI is 2 and SOS is 13.

12 (+10) - Collegiate Baseball Newspaper

14 (+3) - D1Baseball

14 - College Baseball Central

15 - Perfect Game

18 (+2) - Baseball America

This was a post by CC in the baseball rankings thread.