Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 4 game series @ San Diego

Was out all day than at our soccer game tonight (see thread I posted on it where I provided extensive analysis) so I only saw the bottom of 9th of the last game when I got home just now. Great win and great rally in game 2. The last sliding catch in left was this close to falling and nearly tied game with a runner on 1st. Heck of a try to rally in game 1 but came up short. I am not optimistic about tomorrow with Herrin most likely starting but all I wanted was a split this weekend and we've clinched at least that now so no matter what we got at least 2 more quality RPI road wins against a probable tourney team. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Beauchamp with the start. Lloyd at 2nd, Bradley at 1st, and Eustace DH. 

I'm all for it. Don't know if Beauchamp can do anything but I know Herrin can't so it's good to give someone new a chance. Still need to get our 3 and 4 starters sorted out beyond Stiever and Milto moving forward.

Sowers tried to steal second after a single on a ball that got away from the catcher slightly but was thrown out. It cost us a run as we got 2 more singles after but nothing more. 

Bottom 2nd Beauchamp gets a strikeout than gets ahead of next batters batters 0-2 only to give up singles after. Than a seeing eye single through right side. San Diego batting bases loaded 1 out. Big jam due to Beauchamp's inability to finish batters off.

I can't even explain what happened next very well other than to say both teams screwed up big time. Beauchamp got ahead 0-2 again. Than a ground ball to second should of been a double play to end inning but the relay from 2nd to short ended up getting away into left field. San Diego did us a favor though and decided to send a second runner home on the throw that got away and easily was thrown out at home on a strike from Gorski to Fineman. Than Beauchamp got ahead 0-2 on next guy only to give up a tough ground ball out. 1-0 after 2.

Beauchamp has got to figure out how to put hitters away. To allow contact 4 times in an inning after getting ahead 0-2 is a major problem that needs to be corrected if he wants a full time starting spot.