Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Ranger78

Knight on Archie

I love the quote about Archie from him. I would have to think that having RMK back you and saying that you can "coach" and "do a good job", definitely cant be a bad thing. I just wish RMK would come back to AH one time at least. Everyone that was associated with the university when he was there is gone now. This is a whole new regime. Could you just imagine how that place would react if he walked in. It would probably crumble to the ground. But i feel this all a pipe dream and will never happen but hey......a man can dream right?

Edited by cleeter

59 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I think Archie will be the one who can bring the fan base back together with or without Knight, mainly because of what RMK stated....he can coach. Nice comments such as these might just accelerate things a bit. Good to hear. Now whether RMK's ice melts enough to come back to SSAH is another matter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Glad you decided to stop lurking and join in the fun.

Crean tried to fawn over Bob and kissing a$$ in hindsight was probably doomed to fail.  Maybe  if Archie does his “fawning” with his coaching who knows.  He could just show up one day and catch everyone by surprise.

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Crean tried to fawn over Bob and kissing a$$ in hindsight was probably doomed to fail.  Maybe  if Archie does his “fawning” with his coaching who knows.  He could just show up one day and catch everyone by surprise.

Maybe... but "never" is a long time.

True, but that's an indictment of Knight. Crean did a lot wrong, but he embraced Indiana history and clearly wanted Knight & his players to be part of the program. Snubbing him was childish and inexcusable. I was a huge fan of Bobby growing up and even until about 6-8yrs ago when it became painfully clear he doesn't care about anyone other than himself. Great coach, shallow human being. 
My sentiments also

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

True, but that's an indictment of Knight. Crean did a lot wrong, but he embraced Indiana history and clearly wanted Knight & his players to be part of the program. Snubbing him was childish and inexcusable. I was a huge fan of Bobby growing up and even until about 6-8yrs ago when it became painfully clear he doesn't care about anyone other than himself. Great coach, shallow human being. 

This! I can't agree more. I looked forward to watching every game as a kid with Bobby on the sidelines but his childish attitude has always been one of his biggest detriments.