Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

Kasey Teegardin to be new Safeties coach

LINK

IU has found its new safeties coach.

TheHoosier.com can confirm through a source close to the Indiana football program that the Hoosiers will hire Kasey Teegardin as its next safeties coach. The Indiana Daily Student's Cameron Drummond was first to report the news Tuesday evening.

Teegardin replaces Noah Joseph, who was officially hired as Rutgers' co-defensive coordinator and secondary coach last week.

Teegardin spent the 2017 season as Indiana's director of on-campus recruiting, and prior to that, he was a defensive graduate assistant for the program.

Prior to arriving in Bloomington in 2014, Teegardin spent the 2012 and 2013 seasons as Valparaiso University's special teams coordinator and linebackers coach.

Teegardin began his coaching career as a part-time assistant at his alma mater, the University of Charleston, after graduating in 2007. He was a linebackers coach for UC in 2008 and a secondary coach in 2009 and was the NCAA's youngest defensive coordinator (age 24) when promoted to that position by UC in 2010. He then moved on to coach Northwood University's secondary in 2011.

A formal announcement is expected to be made on Sunday. IU opens spring practice on Saturday.

When I first saw this I thought it was an underwhelming hire but I trust Coach Allen's judgement when it comes to defensive coaching ability. At least he is familiar with the program and familiar with recruiting. Also, even if it was at the University of Charleston; to be named the youngest defensive coordinator in NCAA is an impressive feat!