Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Milldawg12

Sean Miller caught on phone

16 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I might be in the minority on this -- hell, I might be the only one -- but this really bums me out. I actually liked Sean Miller. When I went to watch IU play in the 1991 NCAA tournament in Louisville, Sean was there with Pittsburgh. He was the point guard. I saw and heard him at the press conferences. He just seemed like an old-fashioned baller, a kid who grew up in the gym as a coach's son and had to earn everything he got -- because he certainly wasn't the most talented kid on the block. They talked at that NCAA regional about how he had essentially been running the team since his freshman year -- because he knew his sh-t, and even his older teammates recognized that. He was one of those guys who, because of his background of busting his butt, seemed like he wouldn't even want to take shortcuts. ... And to find out he's pulling crap like this is really, really disappointing. And as someone mentioned earlier, like it or not, I think Archie automatically gets a cloud around him because that's his big bro. 

At this point cheating isn't a shortcut. It's just the way. 

I don't blame Sean for doing it. Pitino and Izzo are scum in my books. Sean is just a guy playing the game. 

I might be in the minority on this -- hell, I might be the only one -- but this really bums me out. I actually liked Sean Miller. When I went to watch IU play in the 1991 NCAA tournament in Louisville, Sean was there with Pittsburgh. He was the point guard. I saw and heard him at the press conferences. He just seemed like an old-fashioned baller, a kid who grew up in the gym as a coach's son and had to earn everything he got -- because he certainly wasn't the most talented kid on the block. They talked at that NCAA regional about how he had essentially been running the team since his freshman year -- because he knew his sh-t, and even his older teammates recognized that. He was one of those guys who, because of his background of busting his butt, seemed like he wouldn't even want to take shortcuts. ... And to find out he's pulling crap like this is really, really disappointing. And as someone mentioned earlier, like it or not, I think Archie automatically gets a cloud around him because that's his big bro. 
But are you really surprised? He was pulling in 5 stars left and right. Heck he was on track to possibly land the best class in the country before October. Bol bol, shittu Barnett, quickley and little all favored Arizona or had them in the top couple. That didn't seem odd to you?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The Tucson paper says it needs to end tonight and it should.

The one man who seemed to be a Rock, the coach who sold the UA administration on his character and constitution, stands accused of the most compromising acts in college sports: lying and attempting to buy a recruit – and not just any recruit, but Deandre Ayton – for more money than many basketball-worshipping Tucsonans make in a year or two.

Miller cannot be allowed to coach the Wildcats again. Not Saturday at Oregon. Not ever.

The school should withdraw from the Pac-12 Tournament and notify the NCAA that it will not participate in the NCAA Tournament.

Miller’s coaching career is surely at an end. Unless this is a monu

The Tucson paper says it needs to end tonight and it should.

The one man who seemed to be a Rock, the coach who sold the UA administration on his character and constitution, stands accused of the most compromising acts in college sports: lying and attempting to buy a recruit – and not just any recruit, but Deandre Ayton – for more money than many basketball-worshipping Tucsonans make in a year or two.

Miller cannot be allowed to coach the Wildcats again. Not Saturday at Oregon. Not ever.

The school should withdraw from the Pac-12 Tournament and notify the NCAA that it will not participate in the NCAA Tournament.

Miller’s coaching career is surely at an end. Unless this is a monu

Arizona is likely to enter a nuclear winter in college basketball, starting over at the lowest of low points, lower than when Ben Lindsey went 4-24 in 1982-83 and Lute Olson was hired to start over.

This will be worse.

At Arizona, as in college basketball, the leading question isn’t “what’s next?” but rather “who’s next?”

The NCAA and the IOC:

Two of the most corrupt organizations in sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel bad my sister went to Arizona and loves them but this is getting crazy. It's out of control. Now this.

Arizona Wildcats football players gang-raped female students and staffers, amended lawsuit claims

By Caitlin Schmidt Arizona Daily Star

Feb 23, 2018 Updated 1 hr ago

Believe the FBI investigation only goes back 3 years. Could be wrong, thought I saw that somewhere. If that's true, Vonleh's recruitment and Williams recruitment won't be involved, at least the beginnings of it and the commitments. If anything happened during their time at IU, it might be included.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So, even if fired for cause, his contract language gurantees he will be paid his full remaining base salary. Wow. So, in other words, Miller, by asking for it, is telling the school, "You want a winner, I'm gonna give you a winner. But it could get ugly." And the school, by agreeing to it, is saying, "Hang us a banner, big guy!" 

Obviously UA has to cut Milker loose. But I don't want to hear a single freaking word from the school about how "shocked", or "saddened" they are, or how this behavior flies in the face of their "Mission Statement."  They literally incentivized it in his contract! 

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

But are you really surprised? He was pulling in 5 stars left and right. Heck he was on track to possibly land the best class in the country before October. Bol bol, shittu Barnett, quickley and little all favored Arizona or had them in the top couple. That didn't seem odd to you?

Putting the pieces together, we all know now S Miller must have been outbid for Shiitto just like Archie for Garland. 

So, even if fired for cause, his contract language gurantees he will be paid his full remaining base salary. Wow. So, in other words, Miller, by asking for it, is telling the school, "You want a winner, I'm gonna give you a winner. But it could get ugly." And the school, by agreeing to it, is saying, "Hang us a banner, big guy!" 
Obviously UA has to cut Milker loose. But I don't want to hear a single freaking word from the school about how "shocked", or "saddened" they are, or how this behavior flies in the face of their "Mission Statement."  They literally incentivized it in his contract! 

This is the only reason he still has a job. If Arizona fired him, they’d have to pay around $10 million

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app