Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Milldawg12

Sean Miller caught on phone

1 hour ago, hoosierbgh said:

If you have an IU bumper sticker then it would be a recruiting violation. 

If you were paying a player to go to UNC and you also paid for a non-athlete it wouldn't be a violation. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

Or if you were a major corporation and you gave large sums of money to both party's candidates running for election...wait, that's OK, never mind.

46 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Reports coming out now that there is absolutely nothing to the Sean Miller story. No wiretap. No payment. No talk of payment. #ESPN lied.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/01/arizona-sean-miller-deandre-ayton-espn-report

Can't say that I'm shocked that ESPN could have gotten it all wrong.  I'm not passing judgement about any of this without any facts (that's right ESPN, FACTS).  Anyway, thanks for posting this.

Thats it. If for some reason iu misses the ncaa tournament this year i am rooting for Arizona. Espn stinks

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

What about book richardson? I get espn sucks but you guys are now acting like Sean Miller is a boy scout. If I recall Richardson offered players money.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Ok, this FBI thing is so messed up.

There has been NO public release of evidence from the FBI investigation.

Could a defense attorney who has access to discovery speak to a reporter off the record? Yup.

One thing that’s for absolutely certain:

The ESPN reporter did not have access to FBI case investigative materials - he took someone’s uncorroborated take and ran with it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Reports coming out now that there is absolutely nothing to the Sean Miller story. No wiretap. No payment. No talk of payment. #ESPN lied.
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/01/arizona-sean-miller-deandre-ayton-espn-report

According to the source, relevant FBI wiretaps in the investigation did not begin until 2017—months after five-star recruit Deandre Ayton had already committed to Arizona in Sept. 2016. This account is consistent with reporting by Evan Daniels of 247Sports. The recruitment of Ayton, therefore, would have not been at issue in an intercepted phone call that occurred in 2017. To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.

This account depicts Miller as complying with both the law and NCAA recruiting rules. The same holds true of Ayton, whose compliance with NCAA rules would ensure that he remains eligible to play for the final month of his freshman year.

5a9884a5ce0af_ScreenShot2018-03-01at3_53_12PM.thumb.png.8c632338d229fb22230bfb0f52e6a664.png

This report is right, it's just that the wiretap wasn't discussing Ayton. It was regarding Bruce Bowen. He's still dirty, his name was just tied to the wrong guy. He done.

5a9884a5ce0af_ScreenShot2018-03-01at3_53_12PM.thumb.png.8c632338d229fb22230bfb0f52e6a664.png

This report is right, it's just that the wiretap wasn't discussing Ayton. It was regarding Bruce Bowen. He's still dirty, his name was just tied to the wrong guy. He done.
I agree but the school is sticking with him so I guess they are prepared to sink with him. I guess they are going all in this year before they get hammered.

I agree but the school is sticking with him so I guess they are prepared to sink with him. I guess they are going all in this year before they get hammered.

What’s their alternative at this point? They knew what was going on as well. Now it’s just hoping the NCAA is too weak to do anything.

Yet they didn't land Bowen. Could very well have been an inquiry to UA or Miller to gauge interest. It is possible Miller said no thanks. Given how this was butchered I am not willing to take the details of the conversation as gospel either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

What about book richardson? I get espn sucks but you guys are now acting like Sean Miller is a boy scout. If I recall Richardson offered players money.

I never said he innocent but not 100 percent guilty either. If they win ot all it will be a circus lol. Entertaining for me and maybe even have to vacate it also a plus. I dont want purdue or duke or uk

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Miller just lost his last 2018 recruit.

Arizona loses second recruit within a week, this time it's a top-40 point guard

By Kyle Boone

14m ago • 1 min read

Whether allegations made against 

13 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My wife worked with them for 4 years.

haha curious to know what is your opinion of the strategy they employed when IU hired them to advise concerning the ncaa investigation into excessive celphone usage? 

they probably ran your wife ragged I am guessing.