Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Milldawg12

Sean Miller caught on phone

From what I've deduced from all the reports -- truthful or not -- Dawkins might have tried to arrange payment from Arizona for Bowen, but not Ayton. Or if he did try to arrange payment for Ayton, Miller wasn't involved in the conversations. So maybe Miller did talk to Dawkins, but not about Ayton. And maybe he just listened to Dawkins ... I don't know. This statement below is interesting, however ... 

ESPN already has admitted a couple critical mistakes in its report and obviously, nobody at ESPN heard the alleged wiretap. ... Poor Seth Greenberg. In an interview after Millers presser, he was torn between standing up for Sean and standing up for his employer. 

Really want to see him vindicated
Even if this isn't true they still have the whole Book Richardson thing over their head at Arizona. Until that's resolved Miller's recruiting will be non existent. Plus it's going to be hard for Miller to claim he knew nothing about any of that I think.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Even if this isn't true they still have the whole Book Richardson thing over their head at Arizona. Until that's resolved Miller's recruiting will be non existent. Plus it's going to be hard for Miller to claim he knew nothing about any of that I think.

Absolutely. If Sean was directly involved he should be fired and if he wasn't directly involved but it was going on under his nose he should still be fired. I don't see a happy ending for the older Miller brother here. 

On 2/26/2018 at 12:15 PM, TrueHoosier62 said:

Strictly out of curiosity, why are you opposed to having student athletes, who default on what might be considered a contractual agreement with the university, pay back their tuition?

To me this isn't much of a deterrent,  presumably those that are leaving early are going to be paid millions quickly so the scholarship payback isn't a big deal,  maybe it makes the fringe guys reconsider but doesn't do much for the 1 & done type. 

Then you would also get into the agents etc paying these amounts back on behalf of the player to sign with them. 

I guess it would get some money back to the school but i don't see it changing the landscape in any way (or at least not a big way)

Just now, coonhounds said:

This is a serious question. If you have no affiliation with a university or shoe company and are not a agent can you pay a player to go to a school per rules?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Good question. I'm sure they'd say you were affiliated if you offered money to go somewhere though but Im not sure exactly how that would work.

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

This is a serious question. If you have no affiliation with a university or shoe company and are not a agent can you pay a player to go to a school per rules?

No. You’d still be considered a booster for that school

16 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I too, am willing to accept large payments for my roll in guiding Romeo and others to IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'll tell you what, if YOU can make that happen and have PROOF that you played a part in it, I would almost guarantee someone would give you something. 

24 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

If you have an IU bumper sticker then it would be a recruiting violation. 

If you were paying a player to go to UNC and you also paid for a non-athlete it wouldn't be a violation. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

6 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

If you have an IU bumper sticker then it would be a recruiting violation. 

If you were paying a player to go to UNC and you also paid for a non-athlete it wouldn't be a violation. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

I dont understand why you guys are taking bumper sticks so lightly. We should've got the death penalty for that but we got lucky.

Absolutely. If Sean was directly involved he should be fired and if he wasn't directly involved but it was going on under his nose he should still be fired. I don't see a happy ending for the older Miller brother here. 
Recruiting is totally handcuffed and they lose most of their best players after this year. I'm assuming they part ways after the season.

Reports coming out now that there is absolutely nothing to the Sean Miller story. No wiretap. No payment. No talk of payment. #ESPN lied.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/01/arizona-sean-miller-deandre-ayton-espn-report

According to the source, relevant FBI wiretaps in the investigation did not begin until 2017—months after five-star recruit Deandre Ayton had already committed to Arizona in Sept. 2016. This account is consistent with reporting by Evan Daniels of 247Sports. The recruitment of Ayton, therefore, would have not been at issue in an intercepted phone call that occurred in 2017. To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.

This account depicts Miller as complying with both the law and NCAA recruiting rules. The same holds true of Ayton, whose compliance with NCAA rules would ensure that he remains eligible to play for the final month of his freshman year.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 3.53.12 PM.png

No, if you get paid X amount of dollars you're no longer considered an amateur. What X is these days I'm not sure. We had to deal with this for golf scrambles or tournaments in high school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app