Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Milldawg12

Sean Miller caught on phone

And some more murkiness. I am torn on what to believe happened but regardless it seems Schlabach went on minimal and questionable info from an equally questionable source. However this turns out it's going to be a bad day for someone. Part of me wants Miller to be vindicated and for all of the talking heads at ESPN to eat crow. 

https://247sports.com/college/arizona/Article/Sources-Conflicting-information-in-ESPNs-report-involving-Arizona-star-DeAndre-Ayton-coach-Sean-Miller-115594868
comes down to two things: Does Robbins believe Miller? Is he willing to accept the consequences of keeping Miller — potential NCAA sanctions and a two- or three-year recruiting storm in which the Wildcats lose their basketball relevance, and potentially millions of dollars in ticket sales and donations locally?

The outcome of this legal showdown makes an Arizona-UCLA game come

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I do t see how theyy can keep him.

Given the likely exodus of those Wildcats with eligibility remaining, it’s not inconceivable Arizona could go 0-18 in the Pac-12 next season.

You can’t put a price tag on the public relations damage done to Arizona’s athletic program during Saturday’s UA-Oregon game on ESPN. Analyst Bill Walton said the only thing he’d seen worse in basketball was the NBA’s 2005 Detroit-Indiana brawl. ESPN’s “GameDay” analysts reduced Miller and his program to rubble.

I hope Sean is vindicated. Many coaches are much worse and I feel like the NCAA would throw down the hammer on Arizona and let other schools go unscathed. 
Maybe but his career at Arizona is over
Maybe be will end up at pitt. I expect they will have an opening soon.

On 2/25/2018 at 6:20 PM, cthomas said:

Of course, we would confess to everything and probably a couple of things we didn't even do!

My thoughts exactly.  Everybody blames the NCAA for bringing the hammer down hard on our heads over the phone calls but what really happened was IU paid Ice Miller a ton of money to recommend we shame and punish ourselves to the greatest degree possible just so we could be sure that in the end the NCAA did not add more punishment.  That was a terrible strategy.  We paid them a lot of money for them to simply hand us a gun and advise us to put the gun to our head and pull the trigger.  And we just said OK and did it.

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I hope Sean is vindicated. Many coaches are much worse and I feel like the NCAA would throw down the hammer on Arizona and let other schools go unscathed. 

I’m not sure there are many coaches much worse. Since 2011, outside of K and Cal, nobody has recruited better than Arizona, and that includes Self at KU. So we either assume this was an isolated incident or he’s been doing this most of the time. 

I’m not sure there are many coaches much worse. Since 2011, outside of K and Cal, nobody has recruited better than Arizona, and that includes Self at KU. So we either assume this was an isolated incident or he’s been doing this most of the time. 
Yeah he is getting all these five stars so im no sure what he would be vinticated for?

18 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

You can’t put a price tag on the public relations damage done to Arizona’s athletic program during Saturday’s UA-Oregon game on ESPN. Analyst Bill Walton said the only thing he’d seen worse in basketball was the NBA’s 2005 Detroit-Indiana brawl. ESPN’s “GameDay” analysts reduced Miller and his program to rubble.

I know Walton is drug addled idiot but to run his mouth off about Arizona considering he was paid to play at UCLA takes a lot of nerve. To throw Miller under the bus after having defended Wooden is even more so and to consider AZ's likely cheating as worse than UCLA buying 10 championships is laughable.

I know Walton is drug addled idiot but to run his mouth off about Arizona considering he was paid to play at UCLA takes a lot of nerve. To throw Miller under the bus after having defended Wooden is even more so and to consider AZ's likely cheating as worse than UCLA buying 10 championships is laughable.
I think Walton is an idiot but my point is the damage is done. Miller won't survive at Arizona no matter what.

The Tucson beat writer says a deal will probably be reached by thursday for Miller to leave.

You would have to think by the very latest noon Thursday," Hansen told Dan Bickley and Vince Marotta. "Obviously the attorneys are the ones slugging it out right now. The UA is trying to decide what outcome it wants the most. I think one thing that has gone unsaid is ‘Is there anything else coming in regards to Sean Miller?’ I think from the beginning that has colored this whole thing with the attorneys and especially with the UofA is 'Is this just the only thing that’s going to be mentioned with Sean Miller with illicit recruiting? Maybe he wants to get out of here because he knows it’s inevitable four, seven months from now there’s going to be more mentions of him in this."
On what Hansen's gut tells him about the situation

"My feeling is the UofA wants to start over as quickly as possible, get the transition years behind them with a new coach who has some kind of a brand, and start over because they’re really going to be bad next year, I mean really bad. They’re going to be two-star players there that they have to recruit between now and July.

The Tucson beat writer says a deal will probably be reached by thursday for Miller to leave.

You would have to think by the very latest noon Thursday," Hansen told Dan Bickley and Vince Marotta. "Obviously the attorneys are the ones slugging it out right now. The UA is trying to decide what outcome it wants the most. I think one thing that has gone unsaid is ‘Is there anything else coming in regards to Sean Miller?’ I think from the beginning that has colored this whole thing with the attorneys and especially with the UofA is 'Is this just the only thing that’s going to be mentioned with Sean Miller with illicit recruiting? Maybe he wants to get out of here because he knows it’s inevitable four, seven months from now there’s going to be more mentions of him in this."
On what Hansen's gut tells him about the situation

"My feeling is the UofA wants to start over as quickly as possible, get the transition years behind them with a new coach who has some kind of a brand, and start over because they’re really going to be bad next year, I mean really bad. They’re going to be two-star players there that they have to recruit between now and July.

Miller stopped recruiting in September. They've got nobody. They had Shaquille O'Neal's son, but if his last name wasn't O'Neal he wouldn't be a four-star recruit. Arizona has nobody, they are going to be like Cal. ... 

"No way Sean Miller is going to come back and coach a team that goes 3-15 in the Pac-12. Everybody is going to bail out on him. They have to start over as soon as they can. That is my opinion."

My thoughts exactly.
UCLA, maybe the most corrupt program ever.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

I hate to see talented people get dragged into a situation where their talents can't be utilized. I feel that Sean is a very talented coach. I feel the exact same way about Archie. I think they could do more with a little less talented player. It's a shame to see that it's likely about to be thrown away. Bummer. Plus, I really wanted to see a home & home with UA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

35 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I hate to see talented people get dragged into a situation where their talents can't be utilized. I feel that Sean is a very talented coach. I feel the exact same way about Archie. I think they could do more with a little less talented player. It's a shame to see that it's likely about to be thrown away. Bummer. Plus, I really wanted to see a home & home with UA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Somebody mentioned how awkward that series is going to be now, and I just had to laugh because what is the alternative to embracing that or any other challenge, even the ironic ones, or maybe especially the ironic ones?  After the presser q and a addressed Sean w/Archie, and Archie answered the way he did, I am inclined to think Archie is able to direct the focus, and to teach that skill demonstrably to our guys.

4 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Somebody mentioned how awkward that series is going to be now, and I just had to laugh because what is the alternative to embracing that or any other challenge, even the ironic ones, or maybe especially the ironic ones?  After the presser q and a addressed Sean w/Archie, and Archie answered the way he did, I am inclined to think Archie is able to direct the focus, and to teach that skill demonstrably to our guys.

Yeah, without Sean on the sideline it's just another enemy to beat for Archie!  Still, even with Sean, I don't think it would matter.  Archie is a ferocious competitor, and I love it!

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Now it's being said that ESPN might have gotten the wrong player in the article. That Miller was talking about Bruce Bowen, not Ayton. Ayton has never had anything to do with Dawkins. What a mess. 

Sounds like ESPN needs to stop laying people off so they get their stories right.  Or, just stop with trying to be the first to release a story without the real facts.  #pathetic