Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

B1G Tournament Thread

If this tournament was played 1,000 times we'd win it 8 times?
Some reason, I don't think we would win it more than 4 times. Maybe I just can't get over the fact we've never won one, and we always seem to choke away the big games this year.

According to Pomeroy yes, 8 times. Would I love to seee it? Absolutely , but it’s not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I think Recker was sitting out that year because of his transfer. It was the following year when we wiped the floor with Iowa twice during the season only to lose that game on his buzzer beater in the third matchup.

You might be right. I remember the game and the shot,not sure of the year.The big forward on that team was a bad @$$ but I cant remember his name.Elton Brand type guy.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I think Recker was sitting out that year because of his transfer. It was the following year when we wiped the floor with Iowa twice during the season only to lose that game on his buzzer beater in the third matchup.

I actually looked it up -- because you got me curious. In 2000-01, Davis' interim/first season, we played Iowa once during the regular season -- in Iowa City -- and lost, then lost to them again in the B1G title game. Recker was on that Iowa team.. ... The following season (the year of our NCAA title-game run), we dusted Iowa twice, then lost to them in the B1G tourney -- but that was in the semifinals. That was Recker's senior year. ...  And as far as I remember, 2001 was the only time we got past the B1G semis.

13 hours ago, Old Friend said:

If we can make jump shots, they have a tough time with us, too.  Morgan is a nightmare for them; and Haas can't guard any of our guys if we bring him away from the rim or get in transition.  They've not played well in the last couple of weeks; and with a game under our belt and a little momentum; they're get-able.

Especially with how Smith has been playing the last several games. You put Smith and Morgan together, and while we'll certainly struggle to guard Haas, who the heck is Haas going to guard? There's a good chance those two could get him in foul trouble. 

Especially with how Smith has been playing the last several games. You put Smith and Morgan together, and while we'll certainly struggle to guard Haas, who the heck is Haas going to guard? There's a good chance those two could get him in foul trouble. 

If I were game planning for IU I would have Haas on McBob. I would have Haas sagging in the lane to help on Morgan or Smith. If McBob is going to go off so be it. On the other end of the court it would go into Haas every trip down.

If we do get pu Friday I hope we get "good" Green. We will need him to slowdown Edwards. Edwards can get shot happy whether he's making or missing. pu plays a completely different brand of basketball when that happens.

So who do we want to win- assuming it's not IU (crazy talk, I know!)

I'm leaning towards Michigan as the least despicable option.

I'm sick of M$U, O$U and obviously PeeEww isn't an option. I still haven't accepted that Maryland is even in the B1G and no one else seems viable.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm sick of M$U, O$U and obviously PeeEww isn't an option. I still haven't accepted that Maryland is even in the B1G and no one else seems viable.

Thoughts?

You can drop the mic and close the topic as far as I'm concerned.   Well put.

Indiana needs to be in that "every year" conversation.  As soon as possible.

I don't really have a preference, and while I could live with Purdue winning it, you know their fans would add it to their Big Ten championship total and claim they have two more than us.

Anyone else remember when we won the Big Ten two years ago? That was when Purdue fans suddenly decided winning the conference tournament was more meaningful than the regular season and argued the Big Ten should change its rule and declare the tourney winner as its official champion. They argued that with the unbalanced scheduling, the regular season just wasn't that meaningful anymore. Funny how their opinions then changed again a year later.

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Thoughts?

I actually think Michigan could pull it off.

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

If I were game planning for IU I would have Haas on McBob. I would have Haas sagging in the lane to help on Morgan or Smith. If McBob is going to go off so be it. On the other end of the court it would go into Haas every trip down.

If we do get pu Friday I hope we get "good" Green. We will need him to slowdown Edwards. Edwards can get shot happy whether he's making or missing. pu plays a completely different brand of basketball when that happens.

Really good idea. If I was facing IU, I’d live with McRoberts beating me. 

While I highly doubt it happens, I’m rooting for Nebraska to pull it off. Big Ten getting 4 teams would be embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Depends what those 4 teams do in the tournament on whether it would be embarrassing. I think the last time only 4 B1G teams got in was 2008.