Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

B1G Tournament Thread

4 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

So we are either 6th, 7th, or 8th (is 8th possible)

Anybody have the scenarios that could play out for each? I'm sure i could look it up but assume someday already knows. 

Eighth is not possible. We have the tiebreaker over Maryland, and are one game up on them.

We also have the tiebreaker over Penn State, and therefore either an IU win at home against OSU OR a Penn State loss at Nebraska gives us 6th place.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Eighth is not possible. We have the tiebreaker over Maryland, and are one game up on them.

We also have the tiebreaker over Penn State, and therefore either an IU win at home against OSU OR a Penn State loss at Nebraska gives us 6th place.

A win tonight against OSU also sets up a potential rematch one week from tonight against them in the Garden.

1 minute ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Thanks Stu, so even in a 3 way tie, we wouldn't be 8th? Would we still be 6th?

Right; head to head in conference is the initial tiebreaker, and we would be 2-0 against the two teams we were tied with in that scenario. Would be the sixth seed if that happened. 

Well this is going to be likely the last Big Ten Tournament held in NYC for a while, unless they go to Brooklyn. Delany said in an interview yesterday that he regrets the condensed conference schedule that was necessary to make the NYC tournament work this year, and that they will not be doing this again to try to get the tournament in Madison Square Garden, followed by stating that the only way they will play in MSG for it again would be if they can host it during the regular championship week. Since the Big East has a longstanding deal with MSG for their conference tournament, it will be unlikely the B1G is in MSG for their conference tournament again anytime soon. Link

I still hate the Big Ten but not as much after the statement. We're not a second rate clown show!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If the PSU at Neb score holds we'll be the 6th seed in the BTT playing on Thursday at 9pm against the winner of the 14/11 game. pu got the 3 seed so we would play them Friday if we win Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 seed is better for us in first round and second round IMO.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If the PSU at Neb score holds we'll be the 6th seed in the BTT playing on Thursday at 9pm against the winner of the 14/11 game. pu got the 3 seed so we would play them Friday if we win Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm good either way. I want another shot at Purdoo and/or OSU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app