Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Tom White

Louisville must vacate 2013 title - Take down banner

2012 was our year to win it all. Even though we didn’t play them, I just have to wonder if UL would have had a different record maybe we have a different road that doesn’t involve matching up with Syracuse. Michigan losing to them in 13 championship game probably stings a lot more. I’m glad the NCAA is holding them accountable. No excuse for UL looking the other way.

2012 was our year to win it all. Even though we didn’t play them, I just have to wonder if UL would have had a different record maybe we have a different road that doesn’t involve matching up with Syracuse. Michigan losing to them in 13 championship game probably stings a lot more. I’m glad the NCAA is holding them accountable. No excuse for UL looking the other way.

Yeah they went through Indy that year which we would have. I ended up getting tix when I thought they would be there and ended up watching Ware break his leg (nasty in person). They had Oregon, MSU, and Duke in Indy with MSU and Duke playing each other. Crazy weird fact about the Sweet 16 the day Ware broke his leg. 3 cheerleaders were dropped, 2 badly the same day. Never seen anything like that day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah they went through Indy that year which we would have. I ended up getting tix when I thought they would be there and ended up watching Ware break his leg (nasty in person). They had Oregon, MSU, and Duke in Indy with MSU and Duke playing each other. Crazy weird fact about the Sweet 16 the day Ware broke his leg. 3 cheerleaders were dropped, 2 badly the same day. Never seen anything like that day.

IMG_0166.jpgi was at that game as well. Hopefully you didn’t sit by Louisville fans. Wow they were bad. I was with my buddy who is a Duke fan and we were surrounded by Louisville fans barking like dogs after every single play. Yes that was nasty watching live

IMG_0166.thumb.jpg.e1acf903ebad77b24a17a681f1668f8d.jpgi was at that game as well. Hopefully you didn’t sit by Louisville fans. Wow they were bad. I was with my buddy who is a Duke fan and we were surrounded by Louisville fans barking like dogs after every single play. Yes that was nasty watching live

Louisville and MSU fans. Bad.... Honestly the UL fans were bad and outnumbered all of the rest. But we had a group of 4 loud drunk MSU fans that I would be shocked if they didn’t get killed after the game. Duke fans weren’t bad (weren’t that many tbh). Didn’t really encounter many Oregon fans. Mainly MSU and UL with UL seemingly carrying the majority by far.

Has anyone written a book on this stuff yet? I mean, how hard would it be to find a kid like Lyle and pay him a few hundred thousand to sing? He was tied to so many teams and people and he had to have encountered a crazy amount of sleaze that we would love to hear the details of. At this point, he would be crazy not to do it and it would sell like hot cakes

On 2/20/2018 at 4:10 PM, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

Question: which champions are the most legitimate (least dirty/cheating) in the last 20 years?

Nova and Maryland?

Edit: I'll add that I'm a youngin' born in 1998, so if I'm wrong on Maryland, okay.

I do know that at least Nova wasn't a scummy crew of one-and-dones.

I’d say Maryland was clean. They had at least 4 players get drafted that I can remember (Blake, Wilcox, Baxter, Dixon) but I don’t recall any being one-and-done type players. I think Wilcox, Baxter, and Dixon were all upperclassmen and I believe Blake came out the following year.