Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

yogisballin

Game Thread: Indiana at Nebraska 9est BTN

Just now, cthomas said:

As disappointing as this season has been at times, the long view for the program is very promising. I just finished watching CAM's post game presser and the guy gets what it takes to win. He was concise, direct, and obviously angry with how his team played. I've never found myself wondering, unlike in the past, what the hell I just heard. He knows basketball and doesn't try to over complicate it. We are truly at the beginning of a new era of Indiana basketball.

Agree.  I only listened to the post game interview on the radio and had a similar reaction.  You could tell he was not happy, but held his tongue before really going off on the team.  Don has to really appreciate that Arch speaks to him promptly after the game (no waiting and wondering if he'll ever come on) and give a short but direct interview.  No nonsense but without being moody or temperamental.

So much for the Star article of good guard play a couple of days ago.
It’s back to the drawing board..... if they can find it.
Embarrassingly pathetic really.

Only way to redeem themselves is to take out osu at HOME!

Get UP for it HOOSIERS!!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We can't win on pure talent alone. Not this group.  Not this year.  This group needs to give 125% each game to win. We just didn't get that last night.  Juwan looked frigging tired out there.  Rightly so as he has carried this team the entire year but he needs to fight through i t.   That guard play...so many errant passes, dribbling into the lane with no exit strategy, silly silly turnovers.

Edit...weird...the font looks odd on my phone when I post. Not sure what happened there. 

43 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

If Archie can make it thru that game film without double choke slamming Josh and Green thru the refreshment table, he deserves Humanitarian of the Year.

Why the refreshment table?  Why not make them set up their own?

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Well, that was just an all around s*** show.  I'm including Nebraska's bench skits in that; the WWE bit was kind of entertaining the first time after that they were all just annoying.

I thought the bench stuff was really stupid, but I guess we should be happy they didn't have signs that said, "move your feet" or "block out".

We can't win on pure talent alone. Not this group.  Not this year.  This group needs to give 125% each game to win. We just didn't get that last night.  Juwan looked frigging tired out there.  Rightly so as he has carried this team the entire year but he needs to fight through i t.   That guard play...so many errant passes, dribbling into the lane with no exit strategy, silly silly turnovers.

Edit...weird...the font looks odd on my phone when I post. Not sure what happened there. 

Natty!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Here’s hoping that #2 does NOT do another #2 on the court Friday.
Really stunk up the joint last night.....
He really is much better than that..... got to get synchronized with his head and body.

GO HOOSIERS!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

No, he really isn't.  He's the same bad player this year as he's always been.

Disappointing game.

You can't give up 19 offensive rebounds and turn it over 19 times and win on the road in the Big Ten. The effort was their in stretches but we just didn't play smart or hard enough for 40 minutes. Nebraska isn't even that good. They have some nice pieces but they don't have a great coach. The bench antics were funny... if it were a softball or a low major program.

Green obviously didn't have it. Glad to see Archie chew into him and then explain what he was doing wrong. We'll need Green in the long run.

Newkirk... only a few more weeks. Hopefully he's not dreaming of how many shots or turnovers he can have in that time.

McBob and Morgan both look tired. McBob is that player who collects fouls. Refs might not call one on another starter but will get McBob with a nickel-dimer. We need him defending and hustling like a month ago. Morgan needs to finish better around the rim.

McSwain had some nice takes that led to two offhanded buckets. WHAT?! He needs to be a man rebounding though. Thought he looked run down too.

Johnson had some boneheaded turnovers as well. What was he thinking?

Durham is the opposite of McBob in that he won't get fouls called on drives until he adds muscle. He hustled and had a couple decent plays.

Smith.. when Smith starts boarding and dunking everything this team will go to another level. I could see him developing into an all conference type player.

I hate the Big Ten.

A foul that wasn't called in the first half is called in the second. A double dribble that was obvious to anyone in that area goes uncalled. Durham taking steps isn't called. A continuation from half court is counted.

Maybe the Big Ten could use some of that TV money to pay officials that can do their job? I've dissed the NBA for years over their bias for star players and "cool" plays. It's crept into college basketball more this season. Palmer was getting the Jordan treatment.

How do we change things as a team? I hate flopping it's stupid and is low level in my opinion. However, how do we get teams from pushing off on offense. Neb had 3-4 good offhand push offs in the first half alone. Nothing called. On several of their tap backs they were using their offhand to keep the player down. How do you fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We have been playing shorthanded since Jones left and Davis went down. They may not have been great but they were additional rotation bodies. The wear and tear has to be taking a toll at this point. The guys just need to suck it up for a few more games.

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Disappointing game.

I hate the Big Ten.

A foul that wasn't called in the first half is called in the second. A double dribble that was obvious to anyone in that area goes uncalled. Durham taking steps isn't called. A continuation from half court is counted.

Maybe the Big Ten could use some of that TV money to pay officials that can do their job? I've dissed the NBA for years over their bias for star players and "cool" plays. It's crept into college basketball more this season. Palmer was getting the Jordan treatment.

How do we change things as a team? I hate flopping it's stupid and is low level in my opinion. However, how do we get teams from pushing off on offense. Neb had 3-4 good offhand push offs in the first half alone. Nothing called. On several of their tap backs they were using their offhand to keep the player down. How do you fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All I can think of is getting officials who don't mind getting booed. Watch any close Big Ten game and you'll notice how much more emphasis many officials place on their calls when it benefits the home team.

Also, what happened to college basketball cracking down on hand-checking? I watched MSU-Illinois last night and every time one of MSU's guards had the ball there was a hand on his jersey.

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

All I can think of is getting officials who don't mind getting booed. Watch any close Big Ten game and you'll notice how much more emphasis many officials place on their calls when it benefits the home team.

Also, what happened to college basketball cracking down on hand-checking? I watched MSU-Illinois last night and every time one of MSU's guards had the ball there was a hand on his jersey.

Getting stronger, Durham and Justin, will help some with finishing in the lane.  Durham got blasted on one of his drives but the ref looked the other way.  I really don't like flopping but if we're not getting calls while being pushed off of we need to do something.  Carr in the PSU game comes to mind.  Dude was using his offhand to get all the space he could.

Ill has been doing that a lot.  They're going with the Wiscy "they can't call every foul" strategy.