Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Game Thread: Indiana at Iowa 2 PM ESPN

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'll probably get crap for this, but I'd rather make a run in the NIT with this team. We're (hopefully) not going to be in this position very often, so I'd like to make a run in it when given the opportunity. I also have this weird appreciation for the unusual twilight-atmosphere that exists in non-NCAA postseason basketball games. 

Also, it would be funny as hell if Purdue's season ends in mid-March and we're still playing games two weeks later.

Why not just make the tourney and have our season last longer than purdues

A couple things:

1. First off Sean in his first year had a horrible non-conf going 6-6 than had Arizona playing really well down the stretch and finished 10-8 in conference. They than used that as a springboard to 30 wins the following year and have maintained at that level since. So far at least the first year looks exactly the same for Archie as for Sean. Now we need to follow up each year after the same as Sean.

2. Archie's 9 wins in Big Ten play ties 2014-2015 as the most in conference for any year in Crean's tenure save for our 3 excellent years with him. Also the 3 road wins tie 2011-2012 and 2014-2015 for 3rd most in Crean's tenure. Lastly the 2 game sweeps of Iowa and Minnesota are the only time we have 2 game sweeps of 2 different teams in the same year outside of the 3 really good years (only other 2 game sweeps in Crean tenure were Rutgers in 2014-2015 and PSU last year). This team is less talented than any Crean had besides his first 3 years yet Archie is doing things in conference Crean was hardly ever able to. Most importantly we are playing well down the stretch which is something we did only in 2 of Crean's 9 years.

I'll probably get crap for this, but I'd rather make a run in the NIT with this team. We're (hopefully) not going to be in this position very often, so I'd like to make a run in it when given the opportunity. I also have this weird appreciation for the unusual twilight-atmosphere that exists in non-NCAA postseason basketball games. 

Also, it would be funny as hell if Purdue's season ends in mid-March and we're still playing games two weeks later.

Oddly, I’m with you here. I’d like to see a deep NIT run this year than a 1 and done or 2nd round loss in the NCAA tourney. I can see where this team would really benefit from the extra games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If we get to the NIT I'm for winning it, but I always prefer a chance at an NCAA Final Four.

Yep, NCAA for me all day everyday. I'd rather lose in first game than win the NIT.

That's for me......

But for our underclassmen, a deep run in the NIT would be much more beneficial.

I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app