Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

A.j. Nigh

Prediction look back

While there’s still a few weeks left in the regular season, it’s kinda comical to look at how far off some of these are.

http://btn.com/2017/10/04/dienhart-my-2017-18-big-ten-mens-basketball-predictions/

Sure these next ones were meant to be bold, but wow......

http://btn.com/2017/11/10/bold-predictions-for-2017-18-big-ten-mens-basketball-season/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If we can get up to 6th place that'd be great. I would be happy with that for this year. Heck, Crean only finished 6th or higher three times in is 9 years at IU, including only once during his last four.  

Seems entirely possible. Penn State has a pretty tough stretch for their last four games. We have to keep Maryland and NW from catching us though.

39 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

My goal heading into this season was nine conference wins. Why nine? Because Crean didn't win his ninth conference game until his fourth season. 

Well, there are those that argue his first 3 seasons didn't count thus season #4 was really season #1 for him.   :107:

Now that our regular season is over, I also went back to look at preseason predictions.  Not that it's where we want to be, but we will finish higher than any prediction I found.

7th - Indystar (mentioned it may seem like some homerism to have us that high)

8th - Sports Illustrated

9th - Athlon, Sporting News, B10 coaches poll

10th - BTN, NBC, "Busting Brackets"

12th - USA Today, Lindy

I think one of the other IU forum sites may have had us 6th, but I disregard predictions from team focused sites who always over value their own.

Universally most of them blew it in regard to Minnesota and OSU.