Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Woodworking Thread

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yeah, they’re not cheap. They’re unbelievably cool though. There’s a market out there for selling though. I’m just making little things from scrap wood for friends and family.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm a friend....aren't i?

Have you tried to stain the wood after?  

I haven’t. I doubt I’ll actually stain any of the wood but I might put some danish or tongue oil on it. From the little I’ve done, the contrast between the light wood and charting from the engraver is what makes them look decent.

I’m going to try some IU Christmas ornaments and light boxes over the next few weeks.

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I haven’t. I doubt I’ll actually stain any of the wood but I might put some danish or tongue oil on it. From the little I’ve done, the contrast between the light wood and charting from the engraver is what makes them look decent.

I’m going to try some IU Christmas ornaments and light boxes over the next few weeks.

I'm insanely jealous! Looks/sounds like a fun toy (tool). Lol