Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Woodworking Thread

Why do you not like the 1x10's? Did you consider using a laminated panel that you can buy at a lumber yard? I've seen them at Lowe's and thought of using them for projects. 

The 1x10s seem a little more prone to warping in my opinion. Hadn’t thought of a laminated panel and it would look really nice! Then again, I like the seams that the individual boards show too

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

BA! Did you turn the bats yourself?

I wish!!!  I don't have a lathe. :(  I bought a bunch of blanks from someone online. 

I have 5 left, so I could theoretically make one more. 

14 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

IMG_0928.jpgIMG_0929.jpgIMG_0931.jpgIMG_0930.jpg

Ordered a new king size mattress then had to hurry to build a bed to put it on. Made out of stud-grade lumber milled and joined. Lots of storage under the mattress. Finished it with an American Chestnut stain and two coats of polyurethane.

That looks awesome!

IMG_0928.thumb.jpg.2e8ab076ee01b99dd1c3c0448f15528c.jpgIMG_0929.thumb.jpg.301cf41324e84ea13def8d077e08c1fc.jpgIMG_0931.thumb.jpg.9f74866050ffdd56d93acb0c09745233.jpgIMG_0930.thumb.jpg.0c70588016ce615798e5026449ccaab0.jpg

Ordered a new king size mattress then had to hurry to build a bed to put it on. Made out of stud-grade lumber milled and joined. Lots of storage under the mattress. Finished it with an American Chestnut stain and two coats of polyurethane.

Love that stain. Looks great!

Not exactly woodworking but..

Recently, I’ve been playing around on a last engraver. I edited some photos of different locations to see the quality of the engraver. Holy cow is that thing freaking cool! In some of the Sample Gate engravings you can make out the bricks leading up to it. Crazy stuff!

IMG_0346.jpgIMG_0347.jpgIMG_0349.jpg

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not exactly woodworking but..

Recently, I’ve been playing around on a last engraver. I edited some photos of different locations to see the quality of the engraver. Holy cow is that thing freaking cool! In some of the Sample Gate engravings you can make out the bricks leading up to it. Crazy stuff!

IMG_0346.jpgIMG_0347.jpgIMG_0349.jpg

NIcely done.  I really like the second one of the Sample Gates.