Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ElectricBoogaloo

Game Thread : Illinois @ Indiana | 8:30EST on BTN

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm just saying if you go over .500 on the road in conference and undefeated at home you likely deserve a bid.  I don't care if the B1G is down.  That's not easy as we all should know.  We lost at freaking Illinois and Wisconsin. 

You might be right. The looses to WISC and ILL are part of the reason we're not going dancing. I get your points. I don't agree with you, but doesn't mean you're wrong and I don't think your opinion is off the wall crazy. They are close for sure, but I think they have more to do....

This year has been really crazy.

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

They have no tourney chance barring a miracle hence the apathy. 

I get that... and I'm looking through my eyes, which is a lot different than most of the students. I see a good coach and an improving product. The students see a team that's not going to the NCAA tournament. As a student right now, I would be there, but I'm sure that's not the same view of the current students. I get it. I just think this team deserves more than apathy from their fans.....

I'm just saying if you go over .500 on the road in conference and undefeated at home you likely deserve a bid.  I don't care if the B1G is down.  That's not easy as we all should know.  We lost at freaking Illinois and Wisconsin. 

This is where we will differ. The teams that you beat to get to .500 on the road and undefeated at home matter to me when looking at whether a team earned a bid. Unbalanced schedule has hurt Nebraska just as much as it has helped Nebraska gain a great record. Their only home game against another top B1G team was Michigan(they won). They didn’t get to play Purdue, mich st, or Ohio st at home this year (I think they would of won a couple of them). So the road games they won were (northwestern(106), Rutgers(206), Wisky(150), Minny(135), and they have a chance to win at Illinois(190). Home game wins (Minny(135), Wisky(150), Illinois(190), Iowa(136), Rutgers(203), and their best 2 wins at home Maryland(66), and Michigan(39). From my eye test I think they should be a tournament team as of today but their resume just doesn’t have the quality wins compared to other bubble teams. They needed the Kansas win from early in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

35 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is where we will differ. The teams that you beat to get to .500 on the road and undefeated at home matter to me when looking at whether a team earned a bid. Unbalanced schedule has hurt Nebraska just as much as it has helped Nebraska gain a great record. Their only home game against another top B1G team was Michigan(they won). They didn’t get to play Purdue, mich st, or Ohio st at home this year (I think they would of won a couple of them). So the road games they won were (northwestern(106), Rutgers(206), Wisky(150), Minny(135), and they have a chance to win at Illinois(190). Home game wins (Minny(135), Wisky(150), Illinois(190), Iowa(136), Rutgers(203), and their best 2 wins at home Maryland(66), and Michigan(39). From my eye test I think they should be a tournament team as of today but their resume just doesn’t have the quality wins compared to other bubble teams. They needed the Kansas win from early in the year.

Well many thought Purdue was a 1 seed before tonight.  When was the last time they beat a team ranked in the top 25 currently?  November?  I could make the same argument there.

Give them a good product and they will come.  Our last deep tourney run was 16 years ago.  Most of the students were still in diapers or close to it.

No, those tickets need to go to someone else that will use them. “Someone” else would. Maybe not full, but I guarantee the lower level would be 95% full. The balcony I get, but lower level that bad? No excuse. Don’t ***** when you lose tickets. Chances are you will still get a seat.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

No, those tickets need to go to someone else that will use them. “Someone” else would. Maybe not full, but I guarantee the lower level would be 95% full. The balcony I get, but lower level that bad? No excuse. Don’t ***** when you lose tickets. Chances are you will still get a seat.

Bingo... If they don't want the tickets, open them up and see where it goes. We need people in the stands... for the Love of God, we're not Penn State.

Well many thought Purdue was a 1 seed before tonight.  When was the last time they beat a team ranked in the top 25 currently?  November?  I could make the same argument there.

A win in November counts as much as a win in February. AP rankings mean nothing when it comes to resume. To answer your question the last quadrant 1 win they got was January 9th at Michigan

15 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

A win in November counts as much as a win in February. AP rankings mean nothing when it comes to resume. To answer your question the last quadrant 1 win they got was January 9th at Michigan

Why doesn't Indiana get credit for beating Notre Dame when Notre Dame was good?  Beating a ranked team in December means nothing, if that team isn't ranked in March. Not the same.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Thank you Penn St.

Two Big Ten teams have gone 18-0 in league play:

1975 IU

1976 IU

Two have gone 17-1:

1953 IU 

1993 IU

That remains the case after tonight's results. #iubb

Future posts will include IU as the only 20-0 and 19-1 Big Ten teams.