Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Men's Soccer 2019 Recruiting Class

Indy 11 have committed in state sabotage signing Penn away from IU so I assume he will never go to college. My thoughts are it shows the state of college soccer isn't great having players bypass it for minor leagues. For IU everything is so much in flux with roster turnover (and we still have plenty of talent) and Yeagley can develop players that we should still be OK. However, that takes the instant impact of a Maher, Rennicks or Dorsey away and gives us more developmental guys. Other guys could be as good as Gutman, Buckmaster, Moore or any other senior Yeagley developed to greatness but none will be instant impact so this hurts somewhat.    

On 2/21/2019 at 10:58 PM, mamasa said:

Penn signed an amateur contact w Indy Eleven, allowing him to keep his college eligibility

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wait what! Never heard of this and 11 press release says nothing about it being amateur contract.  You posted at same  time I did and my post assumed we lost him. So is he still coming to IU? I'm confused. 

Penn has been playing overseas.

https://3point.dk/broendby-tilbyder-ikke-joshua-penn-kontrakt/

Brøndby IF has chosen not to offer US Joshua Penn a contract and he has therefore traveled home to the United States.

The young American Joshua Penn trained last week in Brondby and got his stay extended, so he could play reserve team in Aarhus on Monday with the blue balls.

But it will not be contracted this time for the 18-year-old American. It writes Brøndby IF on Twitter.

52 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

Penn has been playing overseas.

https://3point.dk/broendby-tilbyder-ikke-joshua-penn-kontrakt/

Brøndby IF has chosen not to offer US Joshua Penn a contract and he has therefore traveled home to the United States.

The young American Joshua Penn trained last week in Brondby and got his stay extended, so he could play reserve team in Aarhus on Monday with the blue balls.

But it will not be contracted this time for the 18-year-old American. It writes Brøndby IF on Twitter.

Blue Balls?  Ha

I was at the Indy 11 game tonight and I can confirm that Penn still plans on going to IU despite all he is doing. Sounds like he will be a one and done but for that year next year he should absolutely tear up college soccer. Came in as a sub tonight and the only reason he didn't score is because he was tripped in the box that the ref did not call a foul on. He will undoubtedly be our best player next year as a freshman.  

Two more additions to this class.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2019/5/21/indiana-mens-soccer-adds-two-more-to-2019-recruiting-class.aspx?path=msoc

Indiana University head men's soccer coach announced the addition of Joris Ahlinvi and Quinten Helmer to the program's 2019 recruiting class on Tuesday. Both will be eligible to compete for the Hoosiers immediately.

Ahlinvi comes to IU as a transfer from Florida International University and will have one year of eligibility remaining. Helmer will have four years of eligibility for the Hoosiers.

The addition of Ahlinvi and Helmer gives Indiana a 14-member recruiting class for this coming season. Prior to the addition of Ahlinvi and Helmer, IU's class was ranked No. 5 in the nation by Top Drawer Soccer.

Joris Ahlinvi
Midfielder | 5-11 | 175
Gujan-Mestras, France | FIU

Two-time First-Team All-Conference USA selection at FIU … 2018 MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List … Two-time All-Southeast Region honoree by United Soccer Coaches, including first-team accolades in 2017 … earned Conference USA All-Tournament Team and All-Freshman team honors in 2016 … appeared in 47 career matches at FIU, earning 43 starts … totaled 16 goals, nine assists and 41 points in three seasons … son of Ludovic and Corinne Ahlinvi … has two brothers, Matteo and Hector.

Coach Yeagley on Ahlinvi: "Joris will be a great addition to our team next fall. He brings a wealth of experience after playing three seasons with a very good and well-coached FIU team. His ability to unbalance off the dribble, elite athleticism and overall attacking creativity will provide an immediate impact next fall.  We are very excited to have a player with his ability join our program."

Quinten Helmer
Midfielder | 6-0 | 155
Amsterdam, Netherlands | AZ Alkmaar

Standout for AZ Alkmaar, helping his club win two national championships … played eight years at the club, training with the first team … helped team win three regional championships and multiple international tournaments … son of Michael and Nathalie Helmer … older brother Jeremy, plays professional soccer for AZ Alkmaar in the Eredivisie, the highest professional league in the Netherlands.

Coach Yeagley on Helmer: "Quinten will be a wonderful addition to our program.  He has played for one of the finest youth academies in Europe. His high-end technical ability and soccer IQ will help us in several midfield roles heading into next fall. Quinten's cultured left foot, tireless work rate and versatility will provide an immediate impact to our program. We are very excited to have a young and international player join us at Indiana."

Figured there was a chance next year could be a little bit tough losing the incredible group from last year but was shocked how well they played in the spring without the new additions (except Weaver from Evansville). If the freshman can step up, Yeagley May still have himself top 10 team. This group will be interesting to watch over the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners