Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Men's Soccer 2019 Recruiting Class

Penn on fire. Bezerra with a brace.

@SockersFCacad: 19s move to the number one team in the nation with a 4-0 win over Barca Academy. Goals from Sample, Stojanovic, Moskal, and Penn. 3 assists from Penn as well.

@ChiFireAcademy: U19s win their final game of the @ussoccer_acad #wintershowcase against @NERevsAcademy 2-0. Goals from Victor Bezerra x2 (assists AJ Reynolds & Christian Marquez.

Losing a great group of seniors. Could also lose all 3 sophomores, Rennicks, Muse, and Dorsey to the pros. All 3 super talented.

Hopefully, the Hoosiers can bring home #9. Yeagley will have a little rebuild next year. Looks like a solid group of recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Announcing a little early this year. We have 11 commits. TDS doesn't show Boha and McGill.

@IndianaMSOC: Attention all #IUMS fans! Wednesday is the day when we will introduce one of the best recruiting classes in the nation to the @HoosierArmy! #Q49 #GoIU

4* F Joshua Penn - Naperville North, IL
4* MF Aidan Morris - New Albany, OH 
3* F Brennan Conger - Hough, NC
3* F Herbert Endeley - Fridley, MN
3* F Maouloune Goumballe - Cincinnati, OH
3* F Victor Bezerra - Chicago, IL 
3* D Andrew Goldsworthy - Bloomington North
3* D Brett Bebej - Minooka, IL
2* GK Roman Celentano - Naperville North, IL 
F Alex McGill - Columbus North
MF Luke Boha - Center Grove

On 1/21/2019 at 3:32 PM, ccgeneral said:

Announcing a little early this year. We have 11 commits. TDS doesn't show Boha and McGill.

@IndianaMSOC: Attention all #IUMS fans! Wednesday is the day when we will introduce one of the best recruiting classes in the nation to the @HoosierArmy! #Q49 #GoIU

4* F Joshua Penn - Naperville North, IL
4* MF Aidan Morris - New Albany, OH 
3* F Brennan Conger - Hough, NC
3* F Herbert Endeley - Fridley, MN
3* F Maouloune Goumballe - Cincinnati, OH
3* F Victor Bezerra - Chicago, IL 
3* D Andrew Goldsworthy - Bloomington North
3* D Brett Bebej - Minooka, IL
2* GK Roman Celentano - Naperville North, IL 
F Alex McGill - Columbus North
MF Luke Boha - Center Grove

Thats a very strong class. Like I said recruiting is much better now and why we should keep going what we have done recently. I am waiting on the actual press release with the ranking of each player but keep in mind soccer only ranks the top 10 as 5* hence why we see so many fours. Dorsey and Rennicks were actually theoretically 4's but were ranked in low 20's. Given soccer's restrictive use of 5* I use Basketball terms and call anyone in top 30 a 5* and anyone in top 100 as 4 (Soccer generally 10-50 is 4 and 50-150 is 3) like every other sports. Thats why I am waiting on their actual ranking spot because all these 3 and 4 stars could basically be 4 and 5 stars by any reasonable definition.

Rankings:

1. Penn ranked no. 12 in country so highest ranked recruit since Zavaleta and higher than Dorsey or Rennicks so should be elite immediately. He is the one I said was a 5 on some website and to any reasonable site besides top draw that's a 5* anyway you slice it.

2. Morris is 61 and given 4* so that is correct and should be solid

3. Conger is 81 and given 3* but is a 4 by a more reasonable definition

4. Berzerra is 79 so again a 3 by top draws weird standards but a 4 by normal standards

Others are unranked nationally but have high regional rankings among the 3*.  Team ranking is 6th in the nation. Either way it is very much in line with our last 2 recruiting classes numbers wise so it appears we have kept the momentum going despite replacing entire team.

I kind of expect next year to be sort of like Villanova in basketball this year where we start ranked highly based on last year but struggle early and take a bad loss or 2 due to all new players but by conference season have it together and be right in contention for Big Ten title. Difference will be we will probably only get a top 16 seed and have to go on road after one round due to early struggles but should be right in contention and can maybe pull a Maryland and pull some upsets and win it all when playing best soccer.

@IndianaMSOC: NEWS ➡️ Indiana Men's Soccer Announces 2019 Recruiting Class. The 2018 #B1G regular season and tournament champions add the No. 6 recruiting class in the nation according to @TopDrawerSoccer!

https://bit.ly/2FJmVNw

IMG Academy Rankings

Penn - #12

Morris - #61

Bezerra - #79

Conger - #81