Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Rutgers Game Thread

1 hour ago, bleedhoosier said:

Thank you. Mcswain is twice the player Moore is... Not trying to be an uber jerk but every time I see that comment about "can't understand why Moore isn't playing" my first thought is, obviously never played the game of basketball then. It's so obvious why he doesn't play. It's not that he's weak.. he is literally lost every possession on offense and defense. Let it go, lol.

And I'm with Arch, end this Prillerr crap. That's a symbol of a cheesy gimmicky era of IU ball. It's all business now and I love it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, to be fair, there were a lot of people wanting Freddie to stay on the bench until the MSU game. lol

Man the improvements this team has been making. Can you imagine an off season Archie Miller program. I really think this team is going to be sneaky next year. They are starting  to click on half court sets. Defense the switching has been superb! Kudos to Green these past 3 games. I think he’s starting to get more comfortable with Archie and realizing his role with the team. I hope this off season Juwan takes Race under his wing and mentors him. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I liked seeing Race Thompson celebrating on the bench after made buckets. He was getting into it. That stuff goes a long way.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He's that way during every game that I've seen. I'm really excited to see what he can do next year. 

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think so if we are above .500

Its tougher since they started awarding NIT bids to every regular season conference champ that doesn't make the NCAA's. So when the #1 seed gets beat in a random conference tourney, its one less chance for a 16-15 type school to eek in.

I know it was only Rutgers, but you still have to beat the bad teams on the schedule. Glad it was a convincing win. There was a brief period, near the end of the first half, where Rutgers had the chance to cut the lead and get back into the game. Instead Indiana responded and ran away with it. That's progress. 

The next three games are winnable. If the team comes out with the effort they showed against MSU (home)/Purdue/Duke, they will be fine. After those three games, they have the chance to knock off Nebraska and OSU. Ending the regular season with a win at home against a good Oho State team would be a huge positive. I think they get that one. 

Things are looking up, but its important to remember the next few games still won't be easy. Shots won't always be falling and they'll have to find another way to win. 

I have faith. 

9 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

watching the playback of the game and i've come to realize Robbie Hummel is really good at doing games.

Yes.. it was obvious when he knew how poor of an offensive foul call it was on Smith in the 2nd half, when he spun. 

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Call me a sunshine pumper if you must, but for me?
This season has not been disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would agree with that.  We had the talent last year to make something special and to me that was more of a detriment.  We also didn't know how the coaching staff situation would turn out.  There was no glimmer of hope.

This season, new coach, new philosophy, creating a system that works basically out of nothing, THE UPSIDE IS HUGE FOR THE FUTURE.