Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs O$U Game thread 1/30 7 pm

Schootchie Smith too. And he got the transfer from Ohio State who was really good. Forgot his name. It's rare you see a coach bring in 4* and 5* talent to a program like Dayton. He had them in the tourney ever year. I doubt anyone was questioning the types of players he was bringing in. 

Maybe some of the dayton fans were like ours and he lost a game so they said his recruiting sucked

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Good to hear. Your previous post had a couple testy parts.

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular and sorry it was taken that way. I guess my question is what could CAM be doing differently with the roster he has? Winning cures all but it seems pretty hard to win when you have guys missing layups, FT's, no one to run or initiate the offense, no one that can post up and get easy buckets outside of Morgan etc.

I get the frustration as much as anyone. It sucks being in this spot. But to me, that's on Glass for keeping Crean too long. This was Crean's  mo...a couple good years and then a bad year...a couple good years and then a stinker. These are his guys.

I don't know what's so underwhelming about Archie considering the hires other schools got. Billy Donovan wasn't available unfortunately. 

Well there was a reason IU was in a mess with Sampson. Not just from the violations but also the kind of guys he had on the team. As for Crean didn't land his first 1 until Zeller in the 2011 class which was his 3rd recruiting class. So some of you need to chill out. 
Chill out my friends!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't think anyone is saying he's bad recruiter.  He may turn out to be a great one.  But Sampson came in and landed 2 burger boys right off the bat.  Crean had 5 in 5 years at one point and he was a terrible coach who was also weird as sh!t.  Landing Romeo will shut everyone up for a while but make no mistake if we whiff on him then CAM absolutely must knock the 2019 class out of the park.

2 Burger boys?

If memory serves: Mike White, Lance Stemler

Eric Gordon(1), Jordan Crawford, Eli Holman, Brandon McGee, Jamarcus Elllis, Deandre Thomas

Matt Roth, Tom Pritchard, Devin Ebanks, Terrell Holloway

Who am I missing?

2 Burger boys?
If memory serves: Mike White, Lance Stemler
Eric Gordon(1), Jordan Crawford, Eli Holman, Brandon McGee, Jamarcus Elllis, Deandre Thomas
Matt Roth, Tom Pritchard, Devin Ebanks, Terrell Holloway
Who am I missing?

Probably counting Josh Smith who ended up going straight to the pros

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well there was a reason IU was in a mess with Sampson. Not just from the violations but also the kind of guys he had on the team. As for Crean didn't land his first 1 until Zeller in the 2011 class which was his 3rd recruiting class. So some of you need to chill out. 
Exactly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular and sorry it was taken that way. I guess my question is what could CAM be doing differently with the roster he has? Winning cures all but it seems pretty hard to win when you have guys missing layups, FT's, no one to run or initiate the offense, no one that can post up and get easy buckets outside of Morgan etc.
I get the frustration as much as anyone. It sucks being in this spot. But to me, that's on Glass for keeping Crean too long. This was Crean's  mo...a couple good years and then a bad year...a couple good years and then a stinker. These are his guys.
I don't know what's so underwhelming about Archie considering the hires other schools got. Billy Donovan wasn't available unfortunately. 
I think BD would struggle with this roster

4 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I think BD would struggle with this roster

When a team can't shoot the coach is severely limited in what he can coach offensively.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

1) that was year 3

2) he was a Jordan Brand, but not Md's

It was Sampsons true 2nd class.  I'm not counting Smith, Durham, and Moore as Archie players as they were clearly Crean recruits.  And Ebanks was ranked #11 by Rivals and 13 by scout.  I just assumed he had to of been a burger boy. 

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It was Sampsons true 2nd class.  I'm not counting Smith, Durham, and Moore as Archie players as they were clearly Crean recruits.  And Ebanks was ranked #11 by Rivals and 13 by scout.  I just assumed he had to of been a burger boy. 

Those 3 were clearly Crean Recruits, But Lance Stemler and Mike White were Sampson recruits from Juco.

If CAM brought Wright or others, they would count like Stemler and White.

To be fair, Mike Davis NOT COACHING at IU any longer, recruited Eric Gordon.

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

All I was saying that Samspon signed 2 top 15 players within like 18 months of being hired.  I'm hoping Archie can do the same.  

Fair enough. I'm hoping so too, without the baggage