Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs O$U Game thread 1/30 7 pm

@AssemblyCall: Interesting statistical note, but I don't know exactly what to make of it:
Archie Miller's first team at Dayton had the #2 FT% in the country (77.7%). After that, his Dayton teams ranked 103rd, 247th, 208th, 293rd, and 215th.
And now his first Indiana team is 323rd. #iubb

Of all the gloom and doom posts on this thread i have been able to stay positive but this post of stats scares me cause i have that thing in the back of my mind thinking archie could be part of the shooting problem. Still holding out hope it is a coincidence

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

DeRon Davis is out for the season. He was not top 30.
Both Diop and Tate were top 30.
Morgan was 102 and Smith is a freshman who was 75th.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Diop 29. Davis 40
Tate 58. Johnson 49
Potter 243. Morgan 117
Jackson juco. McSwain juco
Wesson 74. Smith 77
Jallow 147. Moore 148
Young 79. Newkirk 120
Dakich WO. McRoberts WO
Green 197
Hartman 225

Diop 29. Davis 40
Tate 58. Johnson 49
Potter 243. Morgan 117
Wesson 74. Smith 77
Jallow 147. Moore 148
Young 79. Newkirk 120
Dakich WO. McRoberts WO
Green 197
Hartman 225

Dakich is on scholarship

Question for anyone who has criticized our recruiting under archie at why you are so disappointed? I thought we were happy with the kids we have so far and still hope to add romeo. We really only had one 5 star who we thought we were in with that decided to stay home but we already have a guy coming in for same position. What am i missing

Of all the gloom and doom posts on this thread i have been able to stay positive but this post of stats scares me cause i have that thing in the back of my mind thinking archie could be part of the shooting problem. Still holding out hope it is a coincidence

Instead of rank, I’d rather see those teams’ actually FT percentages for those years listed. 77% and 75% are close but could wildly range in a ranking of over 300 spots

Diop 29. Davis 40

Tate 58. Johnson 49

Potter 243. Morgan 117

Wesson 74. Smith 77

Jallow 147. Moore 148

Young 79. Newkirk 120

Dakich WO. McRoberts WO

Green 197

Hartman 225

Ok. How is this even? Hell Jackson was a 2nd team all American as a Freshman in Juco and then signs with OSU. Four top 80 players with one being a 5 Star. We had 3 top 80 heading into this season. That was what started this convo. How does 3=4 when the 4 had a 5*?

Edit: you missed Kam Williams who also was a top 80 recruit (72 composite). 5>3.

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Question for anyone who has criticized our recruiting under archie at why you are so disappointed? I thought we were happy with the kids we have so far and still hope to add romeo. We really only had one 5 star who we thought we were in with that decided to stay home but we already have a guy coming in for same position. What am i missing

Well Crean inherited a much, much worse situation and he already a guy in Watford who was higher ranked than anyone Archie has landed.  I honestly thought he'd have a big time commit or two by now.  He could still get Romeo although I'm pretty confident he's going to Vandy.   I love Archies coaching though.  I'm just not sold on him as a recruiter yet.

I know that. Converted Walkon in the same light as McRoberts who gave up a d1 scholarship to be a walkon.

Point is.....equally rated

In your eye did Davis play like a top 40 player his last year in high school or did you have concerns that top teams were dropping out of his recruitment? Has Johnson played like a top 50 player in his 4 Years here? Out of all that group of players you posted Bates-Diop was by far the best player to come out of high school. He was a borderline McDonald’s all American and was a 5 star in some instances. Before the season if you were picking teams in a pickup game out of those people you listed who are you taking first?

Diop 29. Davis 40

Tate 58. Johnson 49

Potter 243. Morgan 117

Wesson 74. Smith 77

Jallow 147. Moore 148

Young 79. Newkirk 120

Dakich WO. McRoberts WO

Green 197

Hartman 225

You forgot Curtis Jones. Him and Davis have the same ability to help IU the rest of this season.

I see OSU with five rated 79 or better (add Williams). IU with two in the top 77.

Additionally, I’m guessing that Jackson was pretty good in Juco. Freddie was only good enough to start in Juco for about 1/2 of his two years there.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm as mystified as everyone else on why Moore hasn't been getting more minutes but maybe, just maybe, he's already made it clear that he does not plan on returning to IU next year.  Maybe not directly, but in so many indirect ways that he's cooked his own goose with Archie.  Pure speculation.

Rather than "cooked his own goose" my guess is that he just has not shown he is ready in practice.  Archie needs another big in these games but does not play him and that has to be because of skill...not because Archie thinks he is going to leave. I do not follow the "Moore should play more sentiment". Why? If Archie does not play him "just because" that is a very poor reflection on Archie.

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

One of the complaints Dayton fans had about Archie was his recruiting. Look at what Will Wade has done at LSU so far.

Well when you're willing to get down and dirty like Will Wade it's easier to recruit. Archie's recruiting has been good so far. Thompson/Hunter/Anderson/Phinisse/Forrester is a solid first class.