Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs O$U Game thread 1/30 7 pm

9 minutes ago, RevBuckle said:

Two things don't live long: dogs that chase cars and teams that can't make free throws.

@AssemblyCall: Interesting statistical note, but I don't know exactly what to make of it:

Archie Miller's first team at Dayton had the #2 FT% in the country (77.7%). After that, his Dayton teams ranked 103rd, 247th, 208th, 293rd, and 215th.

And now his first Indiana team is 323rd. #iubb

We really are in a danger zone here. Can’t be this bad for this long and expect the old days to return.

Maybe we are finding out its too late. Unless recruiting goes gray, and I thought it would, but it's not, we may not ever be elite again.

Have to be really good and really lucky to win consistently with inferior, home grown, aged talent.

It's possible, no doubt, but it's a riskier longer road.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, IUHAHN82 said:

Archie should be going to his coaches with the msg, I don't care what we hafta do, we hafta become the best recruiters in all of college basketball starting RIGHT NOW!  

Time to get ruthless. 

We really are in a danger zone here. Can’t be this bad for this long and expect the old days to return.
Sadly it feels like creans first few years all over again. No the record isn't as bad but it appears is not going to be a two year fix. So frustrating

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maybe we are finding out its too late. Unless recruiting goes gray, and I thought it would, but it's not, we may not ever be elite again.

Have to be really good and really lucky to win consistently with inferior, home grown, aged talent.

It honestly my be to late to be elite again it's been so long. I see us being similar to Purdue in the future.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Treesh said:

Green

Rojo

McRoberts

Smith

Morgan

That needs to be the line-up the rest of the year. Bring Josh and Al off the bench for spotty minutes. Freddie to give Morgan / Smith a break. Moore must not be ready for the big time yet. Once Collin returns I'd have an 8 man rotation. 

That would've been the lineup about 20 games ago.

We have got 5* under every head coach at IU in spite of us not being elite. I highly doubt he goes past 2019 without a 5*. It’s almost difficult to be here and not get 5* talent within a couple of years. Relationships with AAU in this state is critical. Those relationships are better now. A big reason Crean is gone. He couldn’t go to an Indiana Elite game and say he was getting who he wanted at the end. I will go out on a limb and say that is already over.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app