Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs O$U Game thread 1/30 7 pm

This season, more than anything else, is an epitaph to Tom Crean's recruiting prowess (or lack thereof).  No size.  No shooters.  Possibly the worst team I've ever seen at finishing around the bucket.
Unless we snag Romeo or a player of that elite level, the turnaround is going to take a while.
Three years without romeo

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I have

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They have a 5* and multiple top 100 players. We have like 3 top 100 kids. None coming close to 5*. How are they not more talented on paper?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile appI don’t disagree they are outplaying their rankings for most part either.

Just now, Whoozhers said:

Bench everybody except Morgan and McRob.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We're at the point where I'd be fine with playing the freshman for future development.  I'm just not so sure our current freshmen are destined to contribute much in the future.

Disagree. Remember Holtman went to replace Matta.  They both have that same Butler/Xavier connection and run similar defense and offensive schemes.   The players that Archie has (other than Morgan /McRoberts/ Davis (maybe)) have no ability to shoot nor knew how to play defense.  Give me Archie for right now.  Holtman is great but I’ll stick with Archie. 
This

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

We're at the point where I'd be fine with playing the freshman for future development.  I'm just not so sure our current freshmen are destined to contribute much in the future.

Clifton for sure needs to get some time, it's ridiculous.

They have a 5* and multiple top 100 players. We have like 3 top 100 kids. None coming close to 5*. How are they not more talented on paper?

DeRon Davis ranked similar to Bates Diop.
Rob Johnson rated better than Tate. Then we have 4 stars Morgan and Smith. They have 4 star in Wesson. Both have 3-4 three stars.