Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs O$U Game thread 1/30 7 pm

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I know that everyone was (rightfully) focused on the Purdue game, and I know that the odds are long in this one, but if we could somehow pull off this upset, it would be conference win #6 with a much easier schedule going forward. 

In other words, it would be an enormously important victory.

Probably stating the obvious, but in my opinion, the only way that happens is a guard not named Johnson has a strong game. Well, that and all of the guards don't fall apart in the last 2 minutes.

We need Morgan to beast, Johnson to continue to shoot well while not turning it over, and a third offensive option to step up. Those things combined with a GOOD free throw rate/%, solid defense, and low turnovers.

That's not asking too much right..?

O$U will be coming in pissed that they lost at home to an average PSU team. Can Smith or McBob slow down Bates-Diop? Can Smith or McBob match Tate's energy and effort? Can Morgan stay out of foul trouble against their huge big? Can Newkirk find his rhythm and not turn it over?

Hopefully we can stay close with a chance to steal one at the end. I'm not sure it happens on the road though. Another

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

24 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not so sure about that. I still say OSU is overrated and playing better than their actual skill.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No way Holtmann let's them lose.  He's had plenty of time to prepare and he's planning to recruit Indiana like Matta did.  He's had this game circled all year.