Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

59 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:
Give me 4 McRoberts and Juwan. That’s How Virginia wins

While I love the way Virginia plays. Virginia’s starting guards are both top 50 players ( one a McDonalds All American)and they have multiple other top 100 players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’m no advocate of Devonte Green. But he should’ve played some in the second half

I wouldn't be so sure.  Green is more than capable of making you wish he wish he was glued to the bench.  I'm not complaining he didn't play, if he's not on the court he can't do something spectacularly stupid.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I wouldn't be so sure.  Green is more than capable of making you wish he wish he was glued to the bench.  I'm not complaining he didn't play, if he's not on the court he can't do something spectacularly stupid.

I get that. But both are inexplicably dumb. I can’t wait for Phinisee

I get that. But both are inexplicably dumb. I can’t wait for Phinisee

We need to be careful what we wish for. Durham and Green are 3 star players that are far worse than Rojo and Newkirk. Rob will be young. I hope he is as good as many here think but I remember Yogi his freshman year too. This is one of the main reasons I can see next year being rough too.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The frustrating thing about Green to me is, the skills are there if he could hone things in. Seems unwilling to make things simple. Plus his BBIQ is showing itself to be subpar. Kills me, because I thought he could be that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He plays too often like a 10 year old emulating everything he sees in an NBA game instead of making the smart play which for the most part is all that's required.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We need to be careful what we wish for. Durham and Green are 3 star players that are far worse than Rojo and Newkirk. Rob will be young. I hope he is as good as many here think but I remember Yogi his freshman year too. This is one of the main reasons I can see next year being rough too.

Phinisee will have his running mate. He’ll do just fine

I feel bad for josh. Weird we tried to ride devante vs Illinois when he was struggling and people blamed him. Josh has the killer back breaker this game and we blame him. We stink guys not sure anybody can say who should be playing when they are all interchangeable bad imo. Josh is 5 year senior making lazy passes but that is where we are

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel bad for josh. Weird we tried to ride devante vs Illinois when he was struggling and people blamed him. Josh has the killer back breaker this game and we blame him. We stink guys not sure anybody can say who should be playing when they are all interchangeable bad imo. Josh is 5 year senior making lazy passes but that is where we are

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't forget that solid pass to Cowan in the Maryland game. If you break it down it's amazing we've won some of the games we did with the passes our point guards make to opposing players.

This backcourt is utterly terrible. Rojo and Newkirk are the most pitiful excuses for senior guards I've ever seen, Green is like Bad Troy without Good Troy, and Durham just isn't ready to play any meaningful minutes. Think about it though, what does this say about what Archie thought of Cujo considering he didn't get any pt before he left?
The fact of the matter is this; we had little depth to start the season and have lost 2 scholly players (1 to transfer and 1 to injury). Our backcourt is full of turnover prone players who can't shoot, we lost the only real big man in our rotation, and another one of our players can't stay healthy (Hurtman). The fact that this team has a winning record is a great testament to the coaching job Archie has done. At least this team generally plays good defense. That's something we haven't been able to say in a long time.
I agree. It's mind boggling crean thought he could coach another year with this group. He would be averaging 30 turnovers a game with his run and chuck offense

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Newkirk continues to make bad decisions at pivotal moments in big games.. Freshman mistakes. This team would be so much more formidable with a legitimate PG. Just give me someone who can make smart decisions. PLEASE! At this point Green may be the best of two evils. At least he's crafty.

ROJO was huge last night. He has been the only (somewhat) reliable scorer outside of Morgan.

37 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Newkirk continues to make bad decisions at pivotal moments in big games.. Freshman mistakes. This team would be so much more formidable with a legitimate PG. Just give me someone who can make smart decisions. PLEASE! At this point Green may be the best of two evils. At least he's crafty.

ROJO was huge last night. He has been the only (somewhat) reliable scorer outside of Morgan.

I think the bottom line is... Archie knows Green could be a good player, but he has been awful recently with poor body language.  At least Newkirk plays hard. Green has to earn mins before they're just given to him. I like the way Archie is handling it. 

I think the bottom line is... Archie knows Green could be a good player, but he has been awful recently with poor bottom language.  At least Newkirk plays hard. Green has to earn mins before they're just given to him. I like the way Archie is handling it. 

I also hate when players have poor bottom language.