Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Purdue at IU Game Thread

IU is Purdue's super bowl in every sport. They chant IU sucks at every event. They're obsessed. They talk about IU's "dusty banners", say we're living in the past, etc. They also want to tout their 23 big ten championships, even though 13 of them were from before the end of WW2. A large number of their head to head wins were also from way back in the day. Just truly awful fans that I cannot stand at all. 

Clearly IU is their Super Bowl and they celebrate as such....a Gatorade bath after the game today...not even joking

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Let them enjoy it while they can, Thompson, Vince Edwards, Haas (big doofus) and Mathias are all gone after this year. Purdue will be an after thought next year. Vince and Dakota leaving will hurt them most. I can't wait to see the big doofus play against centers like Steven Adams and Joel Embiid and that's even if he makes a team. They'll own his goofy a$$.

9 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Clearly IU is their Super Bowl and they celebrate as such....a Gatorade bath after the game today...not even joking

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow lol. Bunch of goobers. You'd think they just upset the #3 team in the country with the way they celebrated. 

10 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Let them enjoy it while they can, Thompson, Vince Edwards, Haas (big doofus) and Mathias are all gone after this year. Purdue will be an after thought next year. Vince and Dakota leaving will hurt them most. I can't wait to see the big doofus play against centers like Steven Adams and Joel Embiid and that's even if he makes a team. They'll own his goofy a$$.

Wow I didn't realize all those guys are seniors.

I feel like Purdue always has a guy who I can't wait to leave.  First it was Hummel, then Hammons, then Swanigan, now it's Haas.  But yeah they'll take a pretty big step back next year, Painter hasn't recruited well enough at all to reload.

58 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Wow I didn't realize all those guys are seniors.

I feel like Purdue always has a guy who I can't wait to leave.  First it was Hummel, then Hammons, then Swanigan, now it's Haas.  But yeah they'll take a pretty big step back next year, Painter hasn't recruited well enough at all to reload.

I'm just hoping after Haarms moves on they finally run out of 7 footers.

We are just not good enough. We lost to PU in the exact same way Crean did 2 times in the last 3 years. This team however, is not even in the same stratosphere talent wise but played PU to the wire still. in 2014-2015 and 2016-2017 at home we lost in the exact same way to a PU team we were evenly matched with which was unacceptable and one of the reasons why Crean is not here anymore, but today I am surprised we kept it as close as we did.

Looking forward to even match ups next year with no Haas, V. Edwards, Thompson or Mathias. PU will fall to a borderline tourney team with Haarms, C. Edwards and Cline while we will rise to a borderline tourney team hopefully with our new recruits and Juwan sticks around ideally. Next year Archie will need to figure out a way to pull out a close win at home in a way Crean was not in recent years against PU when teams are back on even footing.

Otherwise great crowd (place including balconies was finally full again) and Oladipo being introduced pre-game was awesome and loved how into the game he was cheering.

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm just hoping after Haarms moves on they finally run out of 7 footers.

Don't think that is gonna happen unfortunately. Painter loves his bigs and they already have another 6-10 guy recruited for next year to back up Haarms who is only a freshman. It sucks for other teams but Painter playing through his big men is what works for him so can't fault that. He also is a whiz with developing big men so they like playing for him. Just gotta play through it and try to beat them other ways which is something Crean failed at big time and hopefully Archie will not.  

With slightly more talent i think Archie gameplan would have worked agaibst PU. Morgans 4th foul and sone poor decision making near the end killed us. Hopefully our backcourt is better next year. If Morgan is back our Front court will be rock solid. 
We need more guards. We lose our best shooter Johnson. Having green and Durham as main players next year doesn't excite me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I know it seems like we are definitely gonna be in need of guards for next year, but I wanna say I’ve seen somewhere that Archie was recruiting guys like Hunter and Anderson to play the 2 guard position for us (as well as the 3 spot) which would be pretty sweet. They both score the ball really well, and heck, just becaus they are 6’7, 6’8” guys, doesn’t mean they can’t play the guard spot once they reach the college level. I can see us being like a Syracuse type team just as far as our length on the perimeter goes...having 6’7” or so guys guarding opponents out on the perimeter with their size and length can wreak havoc on opponents. 

McRoberts is also listed as a G/F. Although he doesn’t give us much scoring from a SG sense he does have very active hands and good footwork guarding the perimeter. He is good enough to keep he defense honest in the offensive end. A starting line up of Phinisee, Langford, McRoberts, Morgan, and Davis would be very good against bigger teams. Swap Smith for Davis to get more athletic and that would be a very capable starting 5. We will have lots of pieces to move around next year but not getting Romeo would hurt a little bit.