Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Purdue at IU Game Thread

Calm down, Rob played some fantastic defense and ripped in 21(?) points with some very difficult shots to keep us hanging around. Other than a turnover and a head scratching scoop shot (which he is usually good with), he played a fantastic game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm surprised Moore didn't get a chance. It really makes me think CAM doesn't really have plans for him in the future. This is a game I just don't see how it would have hurt to at least try him. Haas was eating us alive regardless.

I think it’s a strength thing with Moore. Haas would have ate his lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

When have either of those guys proven being defensively capable against average centers let alone Haas?

Neither have been given much chance in game action. Moore got some lengthy blocks in his limited time.

My point is more that Haas controlled the entire game without resistance. We had 2 other big guys we could have thrown at him to see them compete, even for a couple possessions. But as it went, we let Haas dictate everything all game including the result.

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Let’s not make Phinisee out to be our savior year one. He will have his share of freshman mistakes. 

Fresman mistakes from a freshman is easier to handle than freshman mistakes from a 5th year senior.  Although calling some of Newkirk's screw ups "fresman mistakes" would be an insult to freshmen.

15 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

3-16 on 3s and 10-17 on FTs. That's the game right there. We simply cannot hit anything more than a layup. 

That’s the only non Indiana quality this team has other than boneheaded turnovers down the stretch. We played really tough, but Purdue has a helluva team this year. And, we have one shooter.

Don’t put this on Rob. He had a great game. 1 play doesn’t change that

I'm not throwing everything at him, he did have a great game, but seniors are supposed to be the rock at the end of games and unfortunately ours didn't close out.

As mentioned before there is an upside to players that will remain next year and there definitely needs to be some house cleaning done. I think with the experience we will have in our upper class guys and the strength of the freshman, we should be much harder to deal with next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners