Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mookied39

MSU....Heat on Izzo?

Just now, iufaninillinois said:

Wrong

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well such a clever retort clearly you are so knowledgeable on the topic you dont even have to waste time with facts.  no possible way you could be inxorrwct here

I wasn't going to waste my time posting more. The NCAA wouldn't have paid anymore attention to it if they would have done what you suggest. I'm glad we took the high road

Well such a clever retort clearly you are so knowledgeable on the topic you dont even have to waste time with facts.  no possible way you could be inxorrwct here

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They had to rush to punishment because the timing didn’t allow them to truly bury the story if this had happened in February I am sure Meyer would have gotten no punishment whatsoever. 

The only opinions that carry any weight in these decisions are those of the NCAA, the university's BOT, the media, and the state government with regards to a public university. That's it. Maybe the police and judicial system as well. It's not a rival school's job to play a hand in getting a coach fired, and the topic of debate has no business being used in a chant-like fashion during a basketball game. We're talking about sexual assault here. Not recruiting violations, crab legs, or Tom Crean's pants. It would have only made our fan base look bad by engaging in that kind of behavior. 

Is this the look you want for IU in lambasting MSU athletics? 

Image result for rutgers ped state

Image result for rutgers ped state

Rutgers fans made complete asshats out of themselves when Penn State came to town in 2014. Again, IU does not need another school's mess bringing us down as well. 

I never said to do something classless but to completely silence students from the issue was not the answer. To not even allow chants telling Izzo to resign was too far. If at every single away game fans had changed for him to resign it stays in the news. It stays relevant. Granted they would have just waited longer to do nothing. But at least we wouldn’t have helped that piece of garbage. 

12 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I wasn't going to waste my time posting more. The NCAA wouldn't have paid anymore attention to it if they would have done what you suggest. I'm glad we took the high road

Never said they would. Still doesn’t mean we help them do the wrong thing. 

Mans I refuse to call helping to protect a child molester the right thing. And anybody that can needs to re-examine some things

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

The story went away and thus the outrage will be muted allowing them to get away with this. IU helped the story disappear IU isn’t blameless here. 

IU has absolutely zero to do with this. Idk what world you're living in but it's not reality. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Must be comforting not to feel a responsibility not hold despicable acts accountable. 

Actually, you're right. Had IU students chanted at him everything would be different and Izzo would've been fired. Our student section is that powerful. Lol. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Actually, you're right. Had IU students chanted at him everything would be different and Izzo would've been fired. Our student section is that powerful. Lol. 

Never claimed it would have made a difference. Doesn’t mean it’s ok to do something crappy. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Must be comforting not to feel a responsibility not hold despicable acts accountable. 

So if IU fans chanted "Don't hit women!" through out that game, MSU brass would've said "You know, they've got a point" and fired Izzo and D'antonio?

Just now, LIHoosier said:

So if IU fans chanted "Don't hit women!" through out that game, MSU brass would've said "You know, they've got a point" and fired Izzo and D'antonio?

Never claimed that. Amazing how people will cling to absurd claims to try and justify doing nothing. In reality just want an excuse to do the wrong thing. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Never claimed it would have made a difference. Doesn’t mean it’s ok to do something crappy. 

IU didn't do anything "crappy", the situation has nothing to do with IU. There was no reason to get involved. It would only have looked bad on the university if students had chanted things. A bunch of drunk 18-22 year olds are likely to chant something inappropriate. So, IU did the smart thing and stopped it before it started. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU didn't do anything "crappy", the situation has nothing to do with IU. There was no reason to get involved. It would only have looked bad on the university if students had chanted things. A bunch of drunk 18-22 year olds are likely to chant something inappropriate. So, IU did the smart thing and stopped it before it started. 

Actually IU got involved by actively telling people not to chant. So yes there was no reason to get involved. Shame IU had to get involved. All to protect wee baby izzo

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Actually IU got involved by actively telling people not to chant. So yes there was no reason to get involved. Shame IU had to get involved. All to protect wee baby izzo

IU didn't protect Izzo, IU protected IU. Had the students chanted at him then IU becomes the story instead of Michigan State. We have nothing to do with him or how Michigan State has handled his situation. Saying otherwise is absurd. 

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'm curious as to what your definition of "do something" is then in regards to how our crowd should have acted during that game? 

So then, what did this post mean?

"The story went away and thus the outrage will be muted allowing them to get away with this. IU helped the story disappear IU isn’t blameless here. "