Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mookied39

MSU....Heat on Izzo?

4 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

The NCAA is weak and scared. It has become, by far, the worst run sports organization in America, and I thought the NFL was bad, Emmert should be fired and forgotten, for good. He has no balls to actually hand out punishments teams deserve. Baylor, UNC, Louisville etc. 

The NCAA won't be the problem for MSU . The NCAA has their own problems with this .

Dantonio will become the fall guy, he will be fired and MSU will be able to flex and say "This is not tolerated", while Izzo stays in his position, or it will be the other way around, I think it's Dantonio because he definitely seemed to be worse off.

Just now, Diadem said:

The NCAA won't be the problem for MSU . The NCAA has their own problems with this .

That's the issue I have, the NCAA won't punish the Athletic Department, and if they do, it will be maybe, at the most, a one year bowl game ban for the football team.

Unfortunately, the culture that allows athletes to behave this way starts way before they get to college. They are given special treatment and behavior issues are overlooked from high school or even earlier. Girls and young women often find themselves on the receiving end of this culture of athletic entitlement. In the end, winning games and making money becomes more important than basic human rights and dignity. The reaction of everyone involved at MSU, and every other institution where this occurs, is despicable and cannot be tolerated.

3 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I mean why would Izzo want to hang around for this? I get it that there is some sentimental value for him personally but other than that I cannot think of 1 reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Gigantic ego, arrogance, and a seriously screwed up value system.

4 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I mean why would Izzo want to hang around for this? I get it that there is some sentimental value for him personally but other than that I cannot think of 1 reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There's a thing called ego.  People said the same thing about Crean this time last year.  Why would he want to stick around when the entire fan base hates him?  Because of his ego.

Idk man, he definitely doesn’t want to commit to anything one way or another for sure. How does he not know why Travis left? I think that question about having any regrets was more telling to me. He side stepped that as well, which probably means yes he does have some regrets???

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Considering Walton was living in Izzo's basement at that time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Good for him,just wish he was a little quicker.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Just saw some of the OTL segment on Walton and Izzo. It makes Walton and Izzo look very bad if true. I remember when an IU player hit a woman (SW). Knight really liked him, but he kicked him off the team once he got the facts. If Izzo has condoned attacks against women, of any kind, he should be fired.

Just saw some of the OTL segment on Walton and Izzo. It makes Walton and Izzo look very bad if true. I remember when an IU player hit a woman (SW). Knight really liked him, but he kicked him off the team once he got the facts. If Izzo has condoned attacks against women, of any kind, he should be fired.

Sherron Wilkerson?