Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mookied39

MSU....Heat on Izzo?

Been arguing for a bit with some folks that think after watching the ESPN piece that Izzo's time is coming to a close.  I disagreed vehemently.  Anyone around here think He may be in hot water?

Not talking about the evil doctor here, but the sexual assault coverups.

Edited by mookied39

Been arguing for a bit with some folks that think after watching the ESPN piece that Izzo's time is coming to a close.  I disagreed vehemently.  Anyone around here think He may be in hot water?

I doubt it. I could see people getting upset with Izzo. As long as he's winning, I don't see him going.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Depends what they find and what type of President comes in. IU knows that as well as anyone. Or at least should. If they get someone that wants to put their face out there and put a quick stamp on the university it could happen imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Wasn’t this what happened at Baylor Football and the coach was fired and never will coach again because of the public outcry. Has that that same type of feel.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mark Dantonio came off much worse in the report.  I could see him dunzo.  Not the light of EAST Landing though.

Edited by mookied39

5 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Mark Dantonio came off much worse in the report.  I could see him dunzo.  Not the light of EAST Landing though.

Dantonio got himself fired in that press conference. 

I don’t know if Izzo will go but the basketball stuff in that report was pretty damning. 

No he is one of the untouchable guys like roy Williams sadly. He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Two b-ball players were named in that report. Adrien Payne and Keith Appling. Payne was released from the Magic’s G-League team. Appling was put on administrative leave as Asst Coach on Clippers’ G-League team. 

This doesn’t seem over yet..

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

No he is one of the untouchable guys like roy Williams sadly. He's not going anywhere.

It could effect recruiting for MSU.  I could see it being used to negatively recruit against them.

Asked about the resignation rumors, Izzo said, “I’m not going anywhere, in my mind.”

He added: “I’m definitely not retiring.

As long as he's winning nothing and I mean nothing will happen to him. He will be coaching MSU next year. Bank it.

Two b-ball players were named in that report. Adrien Payne and Keith Appling. Payne was released from the Magic’s G-League team. Appling was put on administrative leave as Asst Coach on Clippers’ G-League team. 

And yet the charges were dropped even after Payne admitted he could see where she felt trapped. This happens a lot more often for "privileged" people. There's history and trends to this but (!) if you're making money for us the quality of life for others around you doesn't really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, BH33 said:

Not to mention Travis Walton being able to keep his job.

Sadly, reading between the lines of both coaches statements, it seems obvious that they still don't get it. The implied victim blaming by the actions not taken against the perpetrators is disgusting and unacceptable. When the importance of sports becomes more important than people we have a serious, apparently systemic, problem. Who knows how deep it goes at MSU or for that matter society as a whole.

20 minutes ago, BH33 said:

Three were mentioned. Travis Walton is the former MSU player and asst coach that worked for the Clippers.

Keith Appling is currently serving a year in the Wayne County jail on a concealed weapon charge.