Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUWBB vs Rutgers @ 1 pm ET on BTN

Indiana (10-12, 3-6 B1G) vs. RV/RV Rutgers (17-5, 5-3 B1G). Buss is 2 steals away from another record. Go Hoosiers!

ABOUT THE SCARLET KNIGHTS
Rutgers is looking to snap a two-game skid on Saturday after dropping games to Penn State and Nebraska. They are led by redshirt senior guard Tyler Scaife who averages 20.5 points and shots 45.5 percent from the floor. Redshirt junior forward Stasha Carey is leading on the glass with 7.7 boards per game while adding 7.2 points. As a team, the Scarlet Knights are averaging 41.6 percent from the floor and 67.1 points per game. 

Preview

Live Stats

Radio

Promotions: Amanda Cahill Bobblehead Day: The first 850 fans to the south lobby marketing table will receive a voucher for an Amanda Cahill bobblehead. The voucher can be redeemed beginning at the 5-minute mark of the second quarter at the south lobby marketing table. Bobbleheads will be handed out until the end of the game.

Student Appreciation Day: The first 100 students with a valid ID will receive free Chick-Fil-A and will be able to enter a chance to win an Apple Watch

Alumni Day: Former Indiana Women's Basketball players will be honored in a halftime ceremony

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We basically have Tom Crean as our coach on the women's side. I was with family who have not been in years and they said this looks like the most talented team we have had but also the most sloppy. This is also my first time watching a whole game this year (I've seen last 3-5 min. of several games online) and this could not be more true. Talent is far beyond anything we have ever had but also the team chemistry is about the worst we have ever had. This years women's team is nearly identical to last years men's team (talented but underachieving and sloppy) while in past before Moren women's team has been like first 3 Crean teams (under talented but plays hard). 

As for today strange game where both teams kept turning it over. IU had a small lead most of first half than in 3rd qtr. Rutgers pressed IU into a turnover on basically every possession and took a 9 pt lead. Than for some reason Rutgers stopped pressing in 4th and started turning ball over themselves letting IU come back into the game and took the lead on a late Tyra Buss 3. IU was still sloppy down stretch and turned it over but hit enough free throws to eke out the win. 

Also at end for some reason after IU won they played the more laid back Hail to Old IU (which for men is reserved for losses only) instead of the upbeat Sing Sing Sing that I am use to after a win which was strange.