Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1). I cannot imagine that Iowa is an obstacle to a recruit who is being pursued by IU and Michigan.

2). The IU/Purdue game, complete with a Victor Oladipo ceremony, made a very, very big impression on DJ Carton.

3). Ed Schilling’s reputation as a guard development coach is no joke, and is well established.

I am cautiously optimistic here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Have you or Pap heard a rumor about DJ Carton committing to IU? I’m just spitballing here

A second update on Carton's play on Saturday.

DJ Carton – Quad City Elite 2019 PG
DJ Carton has arrived.  Already holding over 15 HM offers the Iowa point guard was spectacular in a tough loss to Ray Allen Select.  One of the more physical point guards in America Carton has a great feel and makes everyone around him better.  He paced Quad City with 24 points and 8 assists.

Someone on the Kansas boards said self visited Carton today and he verbally committed. We should know more this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Please tell me it was Tonto

8 hours ago, Stromboli said:

So I moseyed over to a UM forum to see what was out there about Carton.  Not a whole lot that we don't know.

While there I poked around for a bit.  Some interesting things:

1. Really nice fanbase.  Knowledgeable, grounded.  They weren't nasty or making rampant cheating allegations if they lost a recruit.  Good discussion.  

2.  I read through recruiting threads on Race, Damezi, and Jerome.  I didn't realize that UM offered all 3.  These guys are higher than what Michigan usually brings in, especially in '16 and '17 before their run this year.  Really interesting to see this stuff from the other side.  Especially on Jerome, they wanted him BAD.  They saw him as a program changing talent.  There was very little smoke around Jerome to Indiana, and it hit hard and suddenly.  We've all been so caught up in the Romeo stuff that we don't spend much time thinking about Jerome, et al.  When Jerome committed, it's like there was this wave of realization that Archie and Indiana are going to be good.  

3.  On the subject of Archie, they have universal respect.  At the same time, two years ago they were entertaining threads about whether they should replace Beilein with someone that will make them competitive.  Obviously, I doubt they'd trade him now.  

Anyway.  Here's hoping we can deflate that forum yet again.  With so many forwards on the roster, I'd love to secure more talent in the backcourt.  I'm fine with Mann and Ramsey, I just think it's very difficult to get kids from the South to come north, (don't @ me with the exceptions, I get it).  We don't have much relationship with either one yet, but if we were to hit on TJD and Brooks/Watford, I could see any guard wanting to be a part of that class.  With Carton, it feels like he likes IU for the same reasons we like IU.  Attended the Purdue game, realized what's going on here. 

I lived in Michigan and Ohio briefly. I can tell you that out of all fan bases I've encountered over my time I have a lot of respect for both UM and MSU fans. They are not arrogant with ignorance like a lot of others I've come across. They win and lose with class while also showing respect for their opponents. I can also say that OSU might have the worst fan base in all of college sports and yes I know that is saying something given a couple of others out there.

I lived in Michigan and Ohio briefly. I can tell you that out of all fan bases I've encountered over my time I have a lot of respect for both UM and MSU fans. They are not arrogant with ignorance like a lot of others I've come across. They win and lose with class while also showing respect for their opponents. I can also say that OSU might have the worst fan base in all of college sports and yes I know that is saying something given a couple of others out there.

Ohio State fans think they can do no wrong

6 hours ago, rcsalway29 said:

Maybe in terms of basketball that is correct.  In terms of football, in the words of the great Demi Moore, "I strenuously object."