Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

44 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Always going to be hits and misses in recruiting. As Bill Self has said before if you are hearing yes in recruiting more then you are hearing no then you are not recruiting the right players. Hot takes are always going to be a part of an online community. Miss out on a recruit and “he is going to be a thorn in IU’s side for years” or “We will regret not hiring Coach A he is going to a problem”.
Luckily this place is for all takes positive and negative. If someone choses to feel that coach Holtmann out recruited Archie in this recruitment that’s fine with me as long it’s fine with them that I can say that Archie did the same thing to him last year when he went into Ohio and got the best prospect in the state of Ohio that will actually play in college. Hunter was a top target for both Michigan and Ohio st. Despite the hits and misses recruiting is one of the things I love to follow closely. Never a dull moment. I look forward to watching Carton in college but I look forward watching whoever ends up at IU more

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great post!

Always going to be hits and misses in recruiting. As Bill Self has said before if you are hearing yes in recruiting more then you are hearing no then you are not recruiting the right players. Hot takes are always going to be a part of an online community. Miss out on a recruit and “he is going to be a thorn in IU’s side for years” or “We will regret not hiring Coach A he is going to a problem”.
Luckily this place is for all takes positive and negative. If someone chooses to feel that coach Holtmann out recruited Archie in this recruitment that’s fine with me as long it’s fine with them that I can say that Archie did the same thing to him last year when he went into Ohio and got the best prospect in the state of Ohio that will actually play in college. Hunter was a top target for both Michigan and Ohio st. Despite the hits and misses recruiting is one of the things I love to follow closely. Never a dull moment. I look forward to watching Carton in college but I look forward watching whoever ends up at IU more

^^The postman always delivers.^^

Why do I find this site addictively excellent and why am I here as a mod?

Because of great people who are IUBB addicts and post like...Uspshoosier.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Holtman is a stealthy recruiter. You have to hand it to him and he gets another top player. Hopefully, we get a commit soon.
I thought the beef was he was not going to be able to recruit at a high level. He has two top 30 verbal so far. Seems like he is a stud recruiter to me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Comfortable or not, all three will be getting playing time there this year and I’m comfortable that in for the 2019-20 season that it would not be the end of the world if we didn’t bring in another point. I’m more concerned about bringing in a shooting guard to replace Romeo.

I'm aware they will.  Between Phinisee and Green both will play like freshmen, and it'll be understandable with one of them.

Luckily this place is for all takes positive and negative. If someone chooses to feel that coach Holtmann out recruited Archie in this recruitment that’s fine with me as long it’s fine with them that I can say that Archie did the same thing to him last year when he went into Ohio and got the best prospect in the state of Ohio that will actually play in college. Hunter was a top target for both Michigan and Ohio st. Despite the hits and misses recruiting is one of the things I love to follow closely. Never a dull moment. I look forward to watching Carton in college but I look forward watching whoever ends up at IU more

Refreshing to hear from the voice of reason prospective and not at all suprised to see who posted it.Great post.

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

These are the kind of posts that bother me the most. (I love Hova and his posting style normally). But this takes things to a personal level and uses a strong connotation words like ignorant and BS.

IUgradman might be the king of hottakes and roller coaster reactions but he is rarely (correct me if I’m wrong) offensive towards posters.

I know when I was on 247 and here early on, I was worried about Crean far more than most. My posts were gang style attacked whenever I was pessimistic about things that I was seeing. It went on for about 3 years and was quite frustrating. The same 5-10 people would attack my stances and often in a personal way.

I’d rather have “ignorant” takes than confrontational/personal posts.

As far as Archie. I like what I see so far. All signs are pointing up, and you can tell by my posting I am content with his coaching and recruiting efforts thus far. I’m also super impressed and surprised by Holtman. I think Walking Boot said it best that it looks like both teams got great coaches. This Holtman/Archie debate is fun now IMO and will be interesting to follow over time. I also think it’s fair for posters to worry about things even if it’s unreasonable. We should try to explain to these posters why there isn’t reason to worry or why there is, versus attacking them personally.

We just not going to acknowledge that he indirectly told someone to grow some balls because he doesn’t like his posting style?

Not going to work for me.

7 hours ago, Iugradman said:

This is part of what is wrong with society, people refusing to acknowledge or consider opinions outside of their own and staying in their “safe space” lest they hear/see/read something upsetting. Society needs to grow some balls and stop getting so triggered.

I have yet to see a reasonable opinion get anything other than respected. Different is okay; but to see what Archie has done in the 16 months he's been the head coach and to suggest - because a recruit decided to go to a different school - he might not be the right hire is not by itself reasonable.   Not yet, anyway.  Are the coaches who lost out on Romeo Langford being questioned the same way? (For example)

26 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

We just not going to acknowledge that he indirectly told someone to grow some balls because he doesn’t like his posting style?

Not going to work for me.

Now that I think on it, “Grow some balls” is kinda personal ;)

I have yet to see a reasonable opinion get anything other than respected. Different is okay; but to see what Archie has done in the 16 months he's been the head coach and to suggest - because a recruit decided to go to a different school - he might not be the right hire is not by itself reasonable.   Not yet, anyway.  Are the coaches who lost out on Romeo Langford being questioned the same way? (For example)

Yeah, pretty much agree.

Let’s hope Indiana excels this season and OSU flutters so we can get a 1 up on Holtman.

If OSU somehow outperforms Indiana this season, look out.

8 hours ago, Iugradman said:

This is part of what is wrong with society, people refusing to acknowledge or consider opinions outside of their own and staying in their “safe space” lest they hear/see/read something upsetting. Society needs to grow some balls and stop getting so triggered.

Nothing about your post "upset" me. I've been reading your Sky is falling/Get lost haters/We suck/We're awesome posts for years; one more isn't going make me go postal or anything.

You know what's really wrong with society? The constant polarization of everything. I'm seeing it everywhere, including this board, and I'm simply tired of it.

I'm not concerned with what anyone else does.  I am concerned only with what Indiana does; and I promise there's nobody within the program who cares at all about getting 1 up on Chris Holtman.   I don't at all mean that as a shot at you; I just think Indiana fans are skittish at the moment, and with good reason.   It's just that I'm not.  I have complete faith in the long term health of our program, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Archie is making the right inroads with the right people here in the state.  
Plus one!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

From what I have been told is that Ohio St offered Carton to start from day 1. IU and UM were not willing to give him a starting spot. We feel very good this offseason with how well Green, Durham have looked and now having RP on campus. I said this last year so take it for what it's worth but Green has looked unbelievable this offseason. Now let's hope he can take it to games this season. 

I’ve always thought that if Green can be the Green we saw for that 6 game stretch we would be just fine. 

Fingers crossed

23 hours ago, Iugradman said:

This post is ironic coming from a poster that literally gets "triggered" about every little thing IU related.