Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

46 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If you had to bet, what would it be right now Chris?

I would lean towards Michigan but I might still be gun shy from the Crean era. But I honestly think it’s a coin flip right now.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would lean towards Michigan but I might still be gun shy from the Crean era. But I honestly think it’s a coin flip right now.

I hope IU gets him. It’s literally 50/50 with them and Michigan. We’ll see. Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

It went as well as it possibly could have. Now just have to wait to see if and when he commits. Hopefully, hear something by July 11th. 

So the 11th starts another evaluation period. Surmising this is a cut off date before we start accepting other commits? Are the instate guard offers being slow played? I don’t see Archie doing this esp with trying to build relationships, But we are a blue blood. You have to think some commit action is close and following a similar blue print as last year. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Michigan is more of a blueblood than we are right now.

Unfortunately this is true.  At least in the sense that a Michigan offer probably does mean more to high school kids than an IU offer.

They've had way more recent success in high school kids' lifetime than we have.

My guess the reason he took his officials to IU and Michigan (the two schools he is actually considering out of his top 6) last week was to put pressure on Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas to make up their mind on if they are going to offer him or not. If they don't offer early in the next evaluation period and continue to slow play him, then I think he makes his decision and hopefully it's IU, because he is a heck of a player.

3 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Michigan has had more recent success, but not many banners hanging in the rafters. 

They had the FaB five in the mid 90’s which gave them all kinds of hype , but those kids were bought and lost their accomplishments . So other than football and Glen Rice in 89 they pretty much fall behind in blue blood status!

30 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Michigan has had more recent success, but not many banners hanging in the rafters. 

They had the FaB five in the mid 90’s which gave them all kinds of hype , but those kids were bought and lost their accomplishments . So other than football and Glen Rice in 89 they pretty much fall behind in blue blood status!

For those of you not swimming yet, we also beat them 3 times in our undefeated 1976 NC year including the championship game. This after Spider-Man Bobby Wilkerson our best defender was knocked out not to return in the first half.

Yeah he has an elite 8 and two finals games in the last 6 years. But he doesn't do it with 5 stars. Despite that success he gets 3 and 4 stars.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Yeah he has an elite 8 and two finals games in the last 6 years. But he doesn't do it with 5 stars. Despite that success he gets 3 and 4 stars.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think I saw a week or two ago that he hasn't had a McDonald's All American yet still pumps out first round draft picks.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Either hes great at player development or he finds diamonds in the rough. My guess is development

Agree.  Probably a little bit of both - - finding lower profile kids that fit their style and developing them.

I was hoping he would take the Pistons job. In a perfect world the B1G would have 5-6 great teams behind IU. Still I want IU to dominate the conference like KU/Big XII, and that is a lot easier without coaches like Beilein. He is old (65) though, so we have that going for us. 

I often try to objectively look at whether IU really is the best fit for players. 

Between the communications school and Ed Schilling i think we are the best fit for Carton.  

I thought the same thing about Romeo  hopefully magic strikes twice  

Hopefully carton can start some dominoes either way so that Archie can focus in on one or two players soon the way he was able to last year  

On 7/3/2018 at 8:13 AM, InArchWeTrust said:

I think I saw a week or two ago that he hasn't had a McDonald's All American yet still pumps out first round draft picks.

His 2012 class was loaded though. He's a great coach and maximized the talent, but he had GR3 (top 20), McGary (top 30), and Stauskas (top 70). The final member of that class was Spike Albrecht - nowhere near the same talent, but Beilein got everything out of him. The first 3 ended up as 1st round picks. I think that was a top 5 class.

He's built a great system at Michigan, and he's one of the best coaches in college basketball. 

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

ITH has a wrap-up of the visit. Sounds like he will make his decision in the next month or two.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/07/06/five-star-class-of-2019-guard-dj-carton-official-visit-recap/

Per his mother, he wants to decide "before the fall." 

To me? That indicates it's likely a two team race, which is great news!

Our odds keep getting better with Carton. The time is now where top players we highly covet will not say no to Archie Miller and Indiana basketball. It’s also a great time to be a fan/alumni/student.

1 minute ago, schoosier said:

Our odds keep getting better with Carton. The time is now where top players we highly covet will not say no to Archie Miller and Indiana basketball. It’s also a great time to be a fan/alumni/student.

Idk still leaning Michigan on this one myself. Apparently DJ and fam has known a michigan assistant for awhile

I have no read on the way he’s leaning between UM and IU based upon what his mom said in the article but as most people who follow this recruiting closer than I, id say it’s mainly Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners